Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Can The Twins Better Their Bench?

minnesota twins eduardo nunez jose bautista kennys vargas carlos gomez
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Ted Schwerzler

Ted Schwerzler

Wichita Wind Surge

• Twins Daily Contributor
  • 653 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:46 AM

Why are we so easily dismissing Danny Valencia, seriously, he has a very good track record against lefties and is a versatile bench bat (1b, 3rd, corner of). And after all that's happened with Sano, we shouldn't be worried about his past "clubhouse issues" with the Twins, nor should we even think of pursuing (the lefties) Duda, LoMo, (or overpriced egos) GoGo, or Joey Bats.

Also, Valencia would be just as effective of a signing as Eduardo Nunez (ALDS injury and price$) in terms of upgrading our bench.

I've brought up Valencia before, but totally get him being off limits. The guy is a dink, and there's a reason he can't stay put anywhere. Sano did stupid things but isn't a clubhouse cancer, they aren't even remotely the same.

- Ted Schwerzler
Off The Baggy
@tlschwerz

#22 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• 8,244 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

Sure sounds like Mike Napoli is going to be a Twins based upon Darren Wolfson's latest podcast. He's a better fielder than Vargas, and probably a better bad. It makes Robbie the 4th, but Granite can probably push him out.

Ugh, Napoli was worth a half a win... in the negative last year.
If Napoli has a higher OPS than Vargas in 2018, I'll eat my hat.

#23 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• 6,469 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:41 AM

and probably a better bad.

Freudian slip?

• ashbury and Doctor Wu like this

Member VP of the "Baseball Player Positional Flexibility" Club

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minnesota twins, eduardo nunez, jose bautista, kennys vargas, carlos gomez