Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Turley Supended 80 games for PED's

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 killertwinfan

killertwinfan

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:12 AM

Wow, would have never expected this.Maybe he was getting desperate...

https://www.mlbtrade...ar-pirates.html

#2 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 12,931 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:41 AM

Not sure when he would have started using, but he was definitely in the class of player you would expect might try PEDs -- a fringe guy with nothing to lose (circa 2016).And he got 48 days in MLB last year, or ~$142,000 salary.

I think Turley is now out of options, so being on the 40-man roster of a rebuilding club in Pittsburgh, he would have stood a decent chance of making the opening day roster in some capacity. This probably throws a wrench into that and his future earnings.

#3 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

Not sure when he would have started using, but he was definitely in the class of player you would expect might try PEDs -- a fringe guy with nothing to lose (circa 2016).And he got 48 days in MLB last year, or ~$142,000 salary.

I think Turley is now out of options, so being on the 40-man roster of a rebuilding club in Pittsburgh, he would have stood a decent chance of making the opening day roster in some capacity. This probably throws a wrench into that and his future earnings.

I think there are a lot of players taking stuff that aren't just trying to hang on.