Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Zach Littell

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 old nurse

old nurse

• Members
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:59 AM

Bleacher report had an amusing little article on over rated prospects. It is a good thing when your number 18 prospect http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/mlb/news/prospects/index.jsp?c_id=min is the prospect they call over rated

#2 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 12,632 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

you put the wrong link on there :)

http://bleacherrepor...ed-top-prospect

but yeah, he's a teens prospect... not quite sure how anyone ranked that low can be overrated.

#3 gocgo

gocgo

• Members
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

MLB.com wrote: "Littell's pitchability may be more impressive than his stuff. He can't overpower hitters, but he mixes his pitches, pounds the strike zone and keeps the ball down, generating plenty of strikeouts and groundouts. He has a ceiling of a No. 4 starter, perhaps more if he can add more power to his pitches."

This is kind of funny, especially when you read the other people on the list and read how many of them have great stuff, but can't find the strike zone.The only thing they missed was "In summary, he pitches like that bum Greg Maddux."

• Thrylos, Carpetboy, Major League Ready and 4 others like this

Mind your own biscuits and life will be gravy.

#4 cmoss84

cmoss84

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:02 PM

I'm guessing they saw the 19-1 record and are saying he won't have that much success in the bigs. But they probably should have chose someone else...

• 70charger likes this

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#5 big dog

big dog

• Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, an 11th-round pick who is rated #18 in the organization and they say has a ceiling of a #4 starter.If that's our most overrated pick I am a very happy Twins fan.

• gunnarthor, Carpetboy, Twins33 and 9 others like this

#6 laloesch

laloesch

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

Yeah, an 11th-round pick who is rated #18 in the organization and they say has a ceiling of a #4 starter.If that's our most overrated pick I am a very happy Twins fan.

He could become a very good long BP arm which would be fine as well.Interesting that both Slegers and Littell racked up the wins 15-5 & 19-1  

• Carpetboy likes this

#7 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 2,541 posts
  • LocationCurrently Hammond Stadium

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

Littell pitched off a mound today at Hammond and had the catchers mitt poppin'. 

• Thrylos likes this

he gone!

#8 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 12,632 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

MLB.com wrote: "Littell's pitchability may be more impressive than his stuff. He can't overpower hitters, but he mixes his pitches, pounds the strike zone and keeps the ball down, generating plenty of strikeouts and groundouts. He has a ceiling of a No. 4 starter, perhaps more if he can add more power to his pitches."

This is kind of funny, especially when you read the other people on the list and read how many of them have great stuff, but can't find the strike zone.The only thing they missed was "In summary, he pitches like that bum Greg Maddux."

I find that write up interesting. Lots of Ks and grounders are a very good combination for any pitcher...if he can do that in the bigs, he's going to be a lot better than a 4...

#9 Thrylos

Thrylos

Twins World Champions in 2019

• Members
  • 9,769 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

"Bleacher report" has ranked Gordon as the Twins' number 2 prospect and Kirilloff as their number 6.Methinks they have bigger fish to fry than Littel ;)

And thus the question:Have they seen Littel pitch?

Edited by Thrylos, 26 January 2018 - 09:01 PM.

-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#10 Deduno Abides

Deduno Abides

Rochester Plates

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

“Don’t listen to ‘em, Zack, you’ve been the unfortunate victim of clickbait.”