Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Hall of Famer Stories

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cmoss84

cmoss84

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

http://www.espn.com/...uerrero-so-much

I really hope Vlad gets in-what a story and what a player. Here's a brief bit on him from ESPN. 

I have a former college coach who played with him briefly in the Expos organization. He told me a few stories, but this one stands out the most. Even as an 18 year old, Vlad had an absolute cannon. They were practicing one particular morning, and the outfielders were throwing home. There was moisture on the ground, and his throw skipped a bit on the catcher. Long story short, it hit him in a bad spot and cracked his cup. 

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#2 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• Members
  • 9,830 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

Chipper, Vlad, Trevor and THOME!Congrats to all!

Chipper is one of my favorite players of all time.

#3 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• Members
  • 9,830 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

It ridiculous Rolen didn't get WAAAAAAY more votes.He's top 10 at his position all time.Great hitter and fantastic fielder.

Edited by jimmer, 24 January 2018 - 08:37 PM.

#4 cmoss84

cmoss84

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

It ridiculous Rolen didn't get WAAAAAAY more votes.He's top 10 at his position all time.Great hitter and fantastic fielder.

Agreed. Fantastic player-one of the most underrated of all time. Walker and Sheffield deserve a bit more love as well.  

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#5 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 14,559 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

Love Vlad, glad he got in.

#6 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 8,953 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:19 PM

Santana off the ballot in one year. I think McGriff is finally done as well. I think he got shafted by the voters and he should have gotten in. Walker at 34% and Rolen at 10% are tough. I think Walker should be in the HOF. Not sure about Rolen but I thought he'd get more support than that. Vizquel is at 37%. So maybe he gets the up votes in the next few years but it seems the current voting body is pretty polarized so there might not be much more movement for him, just like Bonds/Clemens are stuck at mid 50s.

#7 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 8,953 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

I forgot to post this. Sorry. Here's Joe Posnanski's piece on Johan Santana's HOF case - https://www.mlb.com/...ana/c-265053106