Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

OFFICIAL (UNOFFICIAL) OFFICIAL PHILLY MINNESOTA VIKINGS PRE GAME MEET UP

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 9,248 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:34 PM

Umm, they played awful in the second half last week, and needed a miracle to avoid a historic playoff choke. I'd sure hope Zimmer pointed those things out.

Maybe instead of focusing on flaws from the Saints game, they could have looked ahead to what Philly does. For example, Ertz.
  • Mike Sixel and Vanimal46 like this

#42 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:37 PM

Yes - there were some not so veiled comments about Zimmer after the season.

I would say I am having flashbacks to 41-0, but I blocked most of that game out of my mind and thankfully remember little of it.

And don't forget the DBacks open rebellion in Green Bay at the end of last year.
This is going nowhere with Zimmer. We'll see if regular season wins are good enough for the Wilfs.

#43 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

Maybe instead of focusing on flaws from the Saints game, they could have looked ahead to what Philly does. For example, Ertz.

Well yeah, of course. But every team spends one day watching film of the last game, every week. How else do you learn from your mistakes?

#44 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 9,248 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Kick the FG

#45 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:46 PM

Kick the FG

Or, get a QB who can get it within 10 feet of the guy who is wide open on third down.
Not sure 3 points does anything for us there. Pretty much have to get 7 there to even have a chance.

#46 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,910 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:48 PM

I mean, no one within 5 yards of touching Ertz. Wasn't one half of him torching the defense enough?
  • Hosken Bombo Disco likes this

#47 howeda7

howeda7

• Members
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

What a pathetic game. I don't want Keenum as the long-term QB and franchise him going forward. Either go after Cousins/Manning or roll with Teddy and see what happens. 

#48 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 9,248 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

Or, get a QB who can get it within 10 feet of the guy who is wide open on third down.
Not sure 3 points does anything for us there. Pretty much have to get 7 there to even have a chance.

You are right, but they need a FG at some point not to mention multiple more touchdowns

FG was the best call IMO
  • h2oface likes this

#49 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

What a pathetic game. I don't want Keenum as the long-term QB and franchise him going forward. Either go after Cousins/Manning or roll with Teddy and see what happens.

1) I agree.

But,
2) I'm not sure we'd be in this game if we had Tom Brady. This team needs a lot more than just a QB.

#50 sftwinsfan

sftwinsfan

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

I guess we're back to the Twins.I'm only still watching the game to see if Bradford gets put in.Keenum has had a nice season but he's a backup QB or average at his best starter.If they go with him next season at QB I'm not really interested in following them (I still will of course but I'll be pissed about it).On to Netflix!

#51 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

You are right, but they need a FG at some point not to mention multiple more touchdowns

FG was the best call IMO

That assumes the defense puts up zeros, they are clearly outmatched. Even with TD's they'd need to win a 49-45 type game. Any drive with less than a TD was game over.
Just my opinion of course. And, it isn't going to matter either way.

#52 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 9,248 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

That assumes the defense puts up zeros, they are clearly outmatched. Even with TD's they'd need to win a 49-45 type game. Any drive with less than a TD was game over.
Just my opinion of course. And, it isn't going to matter either way.

No I agree. I just thought Keenum was struggling too much, and getting the surer points would be a reset, of sorts.

#53 D. Hocking

D. Hocking

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

On to Netflix!

Good call - think I am about to join you.

• Vanimal46 and sftwinsfan like this

#54 howeda7

howeda7

• Members
  • 1,278 posts

1) I agree.

But,
2) I'm not sure we'd be in this game if we had Tom Brady. This team needs a lot more than just a QB.

Not really. The defense is good. They laid a massive egg today. We get Delvin Cook back. Probably 1 more O lineman and a real QB. 

#55 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

2 + 2 = 5

• Members
  • 2,916 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

The hangover from this will last well into next season, imo.

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.

Yogi Berra

#56 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:06 PM

Not really. The defense is good. They laid a massive egg today. We get Delvin Cook back. Probably 1 more O lineman and a real QB.

Agree to disagree.
Well, let me rephrase that to, it depends what is acceptable to a person. For those who enjoy a nice regular season, okay fine.

To me, regular season is just seeding purposes for the playoffs. These are the games that matter, and they couldn't be bothered to even show up. And they quit halfway last week. Needed a miracle that you'll never see again to get bailed out.
The real elite defenses make their mark in the postseason.

#57 howeda7

howeda7

• Members
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

Agree to disagree.
Well, let me rephrase that to, it depends what is acceptable to a person. For those who enjoy a nice regular season, okay fine.

To me, regular season is just seeding purposes for the playoffs. These are the games that matter, and they couldn't be bothered to even show up. And they quit halfway last week. Needed a miracle that you'll never see again to get bailed out.
The real elite defenses make their mark in the postseason.

They laid an egg tonight, but to act like they're multiple players away from being good is silly. They went 13-3 fora reason. They $%& the bed tonight. Not for lack of talent. But it takes too many things to go right to win a Super Bowl with a non-elite QB.

#58 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 8,783 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:16 PM

The Vikes, always good for a chuckle.

Really didn't see this coming.
  • flpmagikat likes this
Papers...business papers.

#59 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

They laid an egg tonight, but to act like they're multiple players away from being good is silly. They went 13-3 for a reason. They $%& the bed tonight. Not for lack of talent. But it takes too many things to go right to win a Super Bowl with a non-elite QB.

Laying an egg in the playoffs means you go home. It's not acceptable to me that they laid an egg. And, it's not just tonight. This is an almost exact continuation of the second half last week.
Elite defenses don't lay an egg in the postseason.
13-3 just doesn't do anything for me, nothing at all. I look at regular season like the qualifiers leading up to the Olympics. Sure, you have to do well to get in, but nobody knows Michael Phelps name if he just has a bunch of awesome qualifiers and does nothing when it matters.

That's just me. I realize many don't agree. Been down this road before. Zero disrespect for those who enjoy the regular season results.

#60 one_eyed_jack

one_eyed_jack

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

The Vikes, always good for a chuckle.

Really didn't see this coming.

Yeah I was kinda expecting a loss.But I did not expect the D to get humiliated and make Nick Foles look like Joe Montana at the height of his powers.

A Patriots-Eagles Super Bowl?

Puke.