Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Hammond Happenings 2018

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationCurrently Hammond Stadium

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

They all were doing the usual stretching and running when I got there.Then to the fields, pitchers to the pen.Gibson and Pressly threw off the mound along with a few others.I then watched a group take bp.Alex Kirilloff, (sp) was really impressive, he's got a great swing, and should move up quickly.Beautiful day here, come on down!

Edited by Halsey Hall, 06 February 2018 - 01:30 PM.

• Carole Keller, birdwatcher, NoCryingInBaseball and 3 others like this

he gone!

#42 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Twins Mods
  • 20,630 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:15 PM

They all were doing the usual stretching and running when I got there.Then to the fields, pitchers to the pen.Gibson and Pressly threw off the mound along with a few others.I then watched a group take bp.Alex Kiriloff, (sp) was really impressive, he's got a great swing, and should move up quickly.Beautiful day here, come on down!

Not for two weeks!

• Nine of twelve likes this
“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern
Nevertheless, she persisted. Time’s up.

#43 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:30 PM

They all were doing the usual stretching and running when I got there.Then to the fields, pitchers to the pen.Gibson and Pressly threw off the mound along with a few others.I then watched a group take bp.Alex Kiriloff, (sp) was really impressive, he's got a great swing, and should move up quickly.Beautiful day here, come on down!

Not for five weeks!

#44 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 18,485 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:28 PM

Alex Kirilloff, (sp) was really impressive, he's got a great swing, and should move up quickly. 

They don't throw sliders in the dirt during BP, though. :)

PS, get well soon!

Everyone hates me because I got cured of paranoia and they didn't.

#45 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:17 AM

It's a weekend, which means it's slow at Hammond.I got there late today just as they were wrapping it up.A handful of fans got autographs from Gonsalves and Slegars, and LEN3 interviewed Slegars.Kirilloff continued to put on a show in bp this week sending some balls to the high school and on the road. 

• Carole Keller, ashburyjohn, Dance with Disco Dan and 2 others like this

he gone!

#46 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 18,485 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

Kirilloff continued to put on a show in bp this week sending some balls to the high school and on the road. 

If you tell us that this was from Field Five then I'm really gonna get excited. :)

• Thrylos and tarheeltwinsfan like this

#47 NoCryingInBaseball

NoCryingInBaseball

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:44 PM

They all were doing the usual stretching and running when I got there.Then to the fields, pitchers to the pen.Gibson and Pressly threw off the mound along with a few others.I then watched a group take bp.Alex Kirilloff, (sp) was really impressive, he's got a great swing, and should move up quickly.Beautiful day here, come on down!

Coming to see ya Halsey later this week!

• Halsey Hall likes this
You're killin' me Smalls!

#48 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon
  • Twitter: tturbo420

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:26 PM

I'll be back in Florida from the 23rd thru the 4th, but the Cubs are in town for ST and Opening Day, so my little time will be spent on the MiLB backfields the rest of the time

#49 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

There'll be a lot of changes this week with pitchers and catchers having to report tomorrow, and they started today.The 40 man roster is using the stadium locker room now, so some action has switched from the Mil fields down toward the stadium.Also, Grossman and Granite are here early.Slegars and Gonsalves threw on Field one this morning and Garver may have been with them.Those 3 and Granite all left together.No signs of Sano lately. 

• Carole Keller and NoCryingInBaseball like this

he gone!

#50 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

There;s just no justice, toughest position on the field, catcher.First out for practice and last one's in.Today that was just before noon.No sightings of Fernando Rodney though, so all caps were worn correctly.Roserio and Kepler worked out also.Where did all these fans come from?We were allowed to go to the area next to the bullpen though, which is nice to have tables and benches to sit on out of the sun. 

• Carole Keller and ashburyjohn like this

he gone!

#51 Twins33

Twins33

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

There;s just no justice, toughest position on the field, catcher.First out for practice and last one's in.Today that was just before noon.No sightings of Fernando Rodney though, so all caps were worn correctly.Roserio and Kepler worked out also.Where did all these fans come from?We were allowed to go to the area next to the bullpen though, which is nice to have tables and benches to sit on out of the sun. 

Rodney had a family emergency, but is expected to arrive tomorrow.

• Halsey Hall likes this

#52 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 18,485 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:09 PM

No sightings of Fernando Rodney though, so all caps were worn correctly.

Do you realize how easily Fernando could decide to slip through unnoticed? Just a quick twist of the cap for a few moments ... :)

#53 Old Twins Cap

Old Twins Cap

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

Do you realize how easily Fernando could decide to slip through unnoticed? Just a quick twist of the cap for a few moments ... :)

Careful partner, I got a rebuke from Admins about excessive referencing of Rodney's cap situation.

It's a quasi-no-no around here.Hopefully, times change.

#54 Thrylos

Thrylos

Twins World Champions in 2018

• Members
  • 9,476 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:04 PM

No signs of Sano lately. 

Has been in the Dominican for his annual 10-day or so hitting workout with Tatis.Will be there when position players report.

-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#55 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 18,485 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

Careful partner, I got a rebuke from Admins about excessive referencing of Rodney's cap situation.

It's a quasi-no-no around here.Hopefully, times change.

Good point. I hope no one takes the occasional comment as referencing his character.

#56 NoCryingInBaseball

NoCryingInBaseball

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

Had an opportunity to visit the complex today....sure is fun seeing baseball up close and personal again! Saw both Rodney and Gibson.
  • Vanimal46 likes this
You're killin' me Smalls!

#57 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

Open house today.Practice lasted til 1:30.No Dozier, who's got kidney stones.Hope he has better luck than I have.I got for more tests wednesday.They couldn't find the stone and inserted a stent, which my doctor now says shouldn't have been done and it's got to go.After these tests I'll lobby to have the kidney removed. 

he gone!