Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm becoming kind of annoyed by something and before I let it turn me completely off from continuing to post in the forum, I thought I'd check to see if it's something I'm doing wrong or if it really is in the system. I seem to have to continuously log in over and over again every time I want to post something in the forum. I get that requiring a log in to participate in the discussions is probably a good idea, if not a necessity, in something like this. But do I really have to log in over and over again every time I post a comment in a new thread or under a different topic... all within the same session? Is there a "time out" setting that's set at about five minutes or something? I really like the forum feature, but I can't tell you how many times I've typed up a response only to get the "you must log in again... again... " message and decided "screw it." Anyway... thanks for letting me vent and please let me know if there's something I'm doing wrong that's causing this. Now pardon me while I copy this text and go log in again so I can paste it back in to a new window and post it.
[COLOR=#0000cd]I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000] Knuckleballsblog.com[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd] while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd][COLOR=#800000]MetroSportsReport.com[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd].[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000cd]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#b22222]~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~[/COLOR]

#2 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

i have had the same problems...
Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
http://www.facebook....256164664420932

#3 davidjcampbell

davidjcampbell

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Not trying to discount the issues you have had. I have not experienced that issue - I logged in once (at the top right of the page) and have stayed logged in for days.

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,445 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

JC - has this issue gone away since the log-in was increased from 30 to 60 minutes?

#5 TwinsMusings

TwinsMusings

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

For what it is worth, I seem to be able to remain logged in day after day. Does it make a difference what browser we use? I'm using Chrome.

#6 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

JC - has this issue gone away since the log-in was increased from 30 to 60 minutes?

Yes, thanks. This is much better!
[COLOR=#0000cd]I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000] Knuckleballsblog.com[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd] while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd][COLOR=#800000]MetroSportsReport.com[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd].[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000cd]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#b22222]~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~[/COLOR]