Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League 2018 Coaching/Coordinator Assignments

tommy watkins jeremy zoll joel skinner ramon borrega luis rodriguez
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 15,791 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:14 PM

Curious howuch all of these jobs pay. As it's been stated that they can't afford to spend money like the big market clubs on players but they can spend money on these positions to help better develope the players.

I've never been able to get a real good answer on that. I don't think it's a ton... Several of them do other things in the offseason, or at least have.

#22 Rosterman

Rosterman

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

I've never been able to get a real good answer on that. I don't think it's a ton... Several of them do other things in the offseason, or at least have.

Actually, how much money do major league coaches actually make?

Joel Thingvall
www.joelthingvall.com
rosterman at www.twinscards.com

#23 Penthang

Penthang

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:18 AM

One thing that I found interesting with Falvey’s reputation as a pitching guy and the Twins issues developing pitchers that only one pitching coach position has been replaced. That position was open because they promoted the pitching coach to a coordinator position and the other coordinator position and senior pitching advisor position were outside hires. Further, other than the one new pitching coach who was an outside hire, the rest are in place from prior to Falvey being hired.

On a Jake Mauer note…it was never said, but with the timeing of announcements it felt like the Twins wanted to put him as the manager in Rochester. Anyone have thoughts or real insight?

--Twins Fan From Texas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tommy watkins, jeremy zoll, joel skinner, ramon borrega, luis rodriguez