Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

I hate the Yankees...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 laloesch

laloesch

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

As much as the Yankees, I hate their egotistical, entitled, our you-know-what doesn't stink fans.

their bad, but Philly fans are much much worse IMO.

#22 laloesch

laloesch

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:10 AM

He did try. Stanton nixed 2 deals previously, then listed 4 teams he'd be ok with.

Jeter was told to get payroll down to 55M (from 115M), so the cuts needed to be deep.

Cutting payroll to 55mil?That's absolutely brutal.Why have teams in Florida if this is how they are going to operate?  

#23 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:06 PM

As much as the Yankees, I hate their egotistical, entitled, our you-know-what doesn't stink fans.

My finest moment as a human being was going to Yankee Stadium to watch a couple losses and a five year old kid telling me, "The Twins suck."

And I replied (12-ish beers in), "**** you! I've seen more Twins championships in my lifetime than you've seen Yankees championships!"

• drjim, gocgo, spinowner and 2 others like this

#24 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• Members
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:16 PM

Doesnt bother me at all that the Yankees spend what they do. They play within the rules the game has set up.

I still strongly dislike them, but I think that stems from them killing us for so long.
  • Mike Sixel and MN_ExPat like this

#25 amjgt

amjgt

• Members
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:01 PM

Cutting payroll to 55mil? That's absolutely brutal. Why have teams in Florida if this is how they are going to operate?

Ownership views this as an investment and they need to start recouping their investment.

They probably feel like the team is worth $1B, but had to pay $1.2B to get their hands on it. So, they need to get 200M in profit to break even.

#26 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods
  • 6,290 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

Yeah...dropping down to 55 million is brutal.

And embarrassing.

Member VP of the "Baseball Player Positional Flexibility" Club