Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: The Impending Rochester Rotation Crunch

aaron slegers stephen gonsalves fernando romero
  • Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• Members
  • 9,681 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:54 PM

Well, we only had 3 SPs who threw in triple digit innings for us last year, one of them had an FIP of 4.85 (ERA over 5.00 for the people who call that the results).

We only had 5 SPs who threw more than 70 innings for us, one of them being a 44 year old pitcher who gave us a FIP of 5.31 and an ERA of 5.13.

Of the 16 SPs who started for us, 11 had FIPs over 5.30.Of the five who were below a 5.30 FIP, three of them were above 4.45.

http://www.fangraphs...ers=0&sort=16,d

Edited by jimmer, 07 December 2017 - 10:59 PM.

#102 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 18,629 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks, ND

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

Well, we only had 3 SPs who threw in triple digit innings for us last year, one of them had an FIP of 4.85 (ERA over 5.00 for the people who call that the results).

We only had 5 SPs who threw more than 70 innings for us, one of them being a 44 year old pitcher who gave us a FIP of 5.31 and an ERA of 5.13.

Of the 16 SPs who started for us, 11 had FIPs over 5.30.Of the five who were below a 5.30 FIP, three of them were above 4.45.

http://www.fangraphs...ers=0&sort=16,d

Yep... We need some Major League Arms. 

But... I'm happy that we got a log jam of choices in Rochester to audition and choose from when the starters in Minnesota fail, struggle or get hurt. 

Depth!!! I love it!!! 

A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

President of the "Baseball Player Positional Flexibility" Club 

Founded 4-23-16 

Strike Zone Automation Advocate

#103 AKTwins

AKTwins

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

I think Enns could or should be the long man in the bulllen. I suspect they will not get someone that is good enough to stash from the Rule 5 draft. Enns can have the role Dillon Gee had last year. Couple of spot starts. Coming in during blow outs and short starts. He’s cheap, and has some upside. No need to waste the long arm spot on a 30 something journeyman.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aaron slegers, stephen gonsalves, fernando romero