Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

National Writers on Twins Prospects

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#201 howieramone2

howieramone2

Just say no to myths!

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove/Schaumburg

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

If the rebuild is over count me as extremely disappointed. They had a one-and-done playoff exit from a fluky team preceded by the worst year in club history and thus far followed by an embarrassingly incompetent first month of the season.

There were more fans than not last year saying that this team was still nowhere near close to actually being a real contender due to the abysmal MLB pitching staff and the lack of top end talent in the minors. I see different faces but not results.

I've always counted you as extremely disappointed. Surely members on this board recognize those who have felt from the less than heady days of 2013 and 2104 that they were smarter than the FO. Feel free to believe whatever you choose. 

• gunnarthor likes this

#202 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Twins Mods
  • 20,362 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

Back on track, folks. This thread is about posting national media links on Twins prospects. The tangent on the Twins rebuild has gone far enough here. Start your own thread in the Twins Talk forum if you want to take it further.

Thanks.
  • ashburyjohn likes this
“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern
Nevertheless, she persisted. Time’s up.

#203 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:31 PM

I tweeted one of the fangraphs guys about Romero being a starter or reliever for them...

One of the best opening day rosters in years. Now go get 'em.

#204 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:01 PM

They seem to like Gordon ok...

https://www.fangraph...innesota-twins/
  • gunnarthor likes this

#205 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:29 PM

Interesting write up on Wade - 

"Wade has an unusual profile: he’s an average runner with a below-average arm, but his instincts allow him to play an above-average left field. Meanwhile, his power is below average and his bat control is fringy, but his pitch selection is plus-plus. This rare skillset manifests itself in backwards strikeout-to-walk numbers with little power and a higher average than his hitting ability suggests he’d produce, since he’s swinging at better pitches than almost every player.

So, the traditional hit tool, which we grade as a 50, doesn’t capture the production of which Wade is capable with elevated contact and walk rates. While “underpowered, fringey-tooled platoon left fielder” isn’t a sexy profile, Wade is extremely likely to have a multi-year big-league career because of his elite feel for the strike zone."

• Mike Sixel, TRex and Oxtung like this

#206 jkcarew

jkcarew

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

"Garver has turned into an average defensive catcher due to hard work in pro ball..."

Someone needs to tell Molly.

• Mike Sixel and gunnarthor like this

#207 bluechipper

bluechipper

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:01 PM

Travis Blankenhorn at #6 is the surprise for me. He hasn't really put up many good numbers the last two years, especially this year's OBP of .297, and only a .260 career hitter. Those numbers don't inspire a whole lot of confidence.

• Vanimal46 likes this

#208 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

Travis Blankenhorn at #6 is the surprise for me. He hasn't really put up many good numbers the last two years, especially this year's OBP of .297, and only a .260 career hitter. Those numbers don't inspire a whole lot of confidence.

concur.