If I understand it correctly. The Twins have the third highest amount of International Pool dollars to offer him but it really isn't enough of a difference to stop him from simply choosing whatever team he wants to sign with.
It seems that his recruitment will have the feel of the top QB picking what college team he wants to play for. The Coaches will be buzzing with promises.
So with that in mind... what unique thing can Minnesota offer him to get him to spurn those other teams and sign with us.
Here's some ideas:
1. Have the State of Minnesota declare that Mille Lacs Lake will be called Lake Otani. Mille Lacs is a goofy name anyway.
2. Promise him a starring movie in Fargo II. Write a Scene where he puts whoever is responsible for the posting system in the woodchipper.
3. Endorsement Contracts for Red Wing Shoes, Best Buy and Target. The contracts will contain stipulations that provides free shoes for life, unlimited 15% off of everything Target gift card and his own personal geek squad to fix any issues on products purchased at Target.
4. His own private skyway that stretches from Target Field to Cancun, Mexico so he doesn't have to endure Winter at all.
5. That really big spoon with a Cherry on it. Just give it to him. We don't really need it.