Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Who's Number One?: Minnesota's Top Prospect

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

I'd go with Gordon

#22 beckmt

beckmt

• Members
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:33 PM

I would go with this.

1.Gordon

2.Romero

3.Rooker

4.Lewis

5Baadoo

6. Gonsalves

#23 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

I would go with this.
1. Gordon
2. Romero
3. Rooker
4. Lewis
5 Baadoo
6. Gonsalves

Lewis was the number one overall pick... in the entire draft. If he's 4th in our system, it was an awful pick.
  • laloesch, sploorp and Vanimal46 like this

#24 beckmt

beckmt

• Members
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:04 PM

Lewis was the number one overall pick... in the entire draft. If he's 4th in our system, it was an awful pick.

I factor into how close to the majors the player is.Lewis is at least a couple of years away.Talent also plays a part, but I would expect the first three will be with the Twins in 2018 or very early in 2019

#25 old nurse

old nurse

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:28 PM

There were a few 18-20 year olds in the rookie ball leagues throwing 92-93. There was something somewhere about Falvey and training methods that could add a couple mph to their pitches.That could make for some interesting prospects in a couple of years.

#26 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

The bad part about this discussion is that given there are not any OMG prospects on the list there are not 5-10 names son the list.As the new regime brings in new ideas we shall see if the prospects start improving.

That guy is Graterol.

Well, and Lewis. Lewis is considered by many a guy who could play in the majors in 2019, which is remarkable for a high school talent. The biggest questions I got from other teams' guys who saw him in GCL or Cedar Rapids was whether he stuck at short simply because the nuance of the pro game at the position may not have time to develop before his bat is ready for the majors.

Editor at PuckettsPond.com and Co-Editor at CallToThePen.com, come check them out!

#27 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:29 PM

There were a few 18-20 year olds in the rookie ball leagues throwing 92-93. There was something somewhere about Falvey and training methods that could add a couple mph to their pitches.That could make for some interesting prospects in a couple of years.

There were also a few that touched triple digits...

Editor at PuckettsPond.com and Co-Editor at CallToThePen.com, come check them out!

#28 gman

gman

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:36 AM

Like most number 1's, I don't think it matters much who is. Could be 6-8 different players. I see a lot of talented players rising to the major league roster over the next 2-4 years and looking forward to their impact on a 85 win team.

Edited by gman, 02 November 2017 - 07:37 AM.

• sploorp likes this