Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

T-Wolves Regular Season Thread

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#101 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

Also you just have to make shots. Getting outscored by 39 points from 3 isn't going to work.

Boy oh boy, you’re not kidding. Side note: currently watching GSW vs HOU. Durant and Harden aren’t playing tonight, and without them, all these guys are just living on 3’s. Wolves have to get with the times, man.
  • bluechipper likes this

Rap name: LL Cool Bean.

#102 bluechipper

bluechipper

• Members
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:15 PM

Boy oh boy, you’re not kidding. Side note: currently watching GSW vs HOU. Durant and Harden aren’t playing tonight, and without them, all these guys are just living on 3’s. Wolves have to get with the times, man.

Maybe the Timberwolves will just never make 3's, just like the Twins never strike anyone out.
  • SF Twins Fan and KirbyDome89 like this

#103 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:56 PM

Maybe the Timberwolves will just never make 3's, just like the Twins never strike anyone out.

It’s my hope that 3’s will just...kind of...go away.
  • Taildragger8791 likes this

#104 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,848 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

The encouraging thing despite the Wolves dismal 3 pt attempts is that 5 out of 6 of their top players are shooting 3-4 of them per game. And Tyus/Bjelica can chuck a few off the bench also. 

Even though the number of attempts are about the same as last year there seem to be more competent 3 pt shooters out there. 

• bluechipper likes this

Is 2016 2017 2018 the year that a good pitching prospect is truly blocked by 5 good pitchers in the starting rotation? 

Offseason (noun) - a time to propose trades assuming opposing GM's can't do the same basic analysis

#105 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 17,940 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

Watching tonight's Celtics game, I saw no meaningful defense in the 4th quarter from these Wolves. If that doesn't change, they will be no factor in the playoffs, if they make it that far - they will be blown out in the 1st quarter instead of the 4th, at that point in the season.

Me: *opens yogurt* ... Yogurt: "Hello! We've updated our privacy policy"

#106 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,848 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:16 PM

Watching tonight's Celtics game, I saw no meaningful defense in the 4th quarter from these Wolves. If that doesn't change, they will be no factor in the playoffs, if they make it that far - they will be blown out in the 1st quarter instead of the 4th, at that point in the season.

This is my concern as well. They have a lot of wins against mediocre teams this year since they have faced a favorable schedule so far. The schedule gets harder for them and they will need to show that they can beat the top 6-8 teams in the NBA. Right now I think they can get through the 1st rd but have no chance in the 2nd rd.

Is 2016 2017 2018 the year that a good pitching prospect is truly blocked by 5 good pitchers in the starting rotation? 

Offseason (noun) - a time to propose trades assuming opposing GM's can't do the same basic analysis

#107 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:24 PM

I want to see Wiggins drive to the basket 5000% more. A couple years ago, that was his game, and we was so good and drawing fouls, making high percentage shots. Granted he’s like a 40% ft shooter these days, but I thought there were flashes of younger Wiggy last night.

Also, KAT was spectacular all over the floor last night, stealing the show against his arch nemeses for once. Loved that.

#108 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,848 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

The win tonight is exactly what I am talking about regarding beating good teams. It is disappointing to lose some winnable games last week but the Wolves need to show that they can beat the good teams. Hopefully this is the start of a hot streak.

• bluechipper likes this

#109 bluechipper

bluechipper

• Members
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

The Wolves are on fire and Jimmy Butler is playing like an MVP (non-LeBron James division). This type of play over the past month is what I was hoping for, and I'm looking forward to where they can go from here.

• SF Twins Fan likes this

#110 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,848 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

The Wolves are on fire and Jimmy Butler is playing like an MVP (non-LeBron James division). This type of play over the past month is what I was hoping for, and I'm looking forward to where they can go from here.

Yes, another win against a very good team. Wiggins also had a good night as a supporting player.

I think Wiggins has becomethe next Rubio. There are glaring faults in his game and he will never live up to the expectations (#1 pick and max contract) but I think he becomes a very good supporting player on a potentially great team. 

• bluechipper likes this

#111 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 24,886 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:13 PM

fivethirtyeight has a podcast out there right now, discussing how real they are.....

One of the best opening day rosters in years. Now go get 'em.

#112 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 14,092 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

Sounds like they're primed to dash all hopes with a loss to the Knicks tonight!

Seriously though....who are we targeting to help this bench?Ilyasova makes perfect sense right?If not, who else do you go after?

#113 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

Marvin Williams? Lou?

#114 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 17,940 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

Sounds like they're primed to dash all hopes with a loss to the Knicks tonight!

As long as we are putting the jinx on things, I would like to take credit for the nice 3-game winning streak with my awesome doom-and-gloom anti-jinx of a few days ago.

• snepp likes this

Me: *opens yogurt* ... Yogurt: "Hello! We've updated our privacy policy"

#115 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 14,092 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

Marvin Williams? Lou?

I can't imagine the price on Lou Williams at this point.But he'd sure be a nice fit.

#116 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

Does Thibs want to grab Mirotic too, or nah?

#117 Thegrin

Thegrin

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

All I know is that the Wolves are wonderful to watch right now.  :D

#118 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,848 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

Does Thibs want to grab Mirotic too, or nah?

Only if the deal could be built around Dieng or a 3 team deal. The reality is that the Wolves don't have many assets to trade. No young players aside from Patton and mid/late rd draft picks.

#119 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

It was so predictable that I thought it could never happen, but we broke our streak against the god forsaken Magic.

Honestly, though, that game was so rife with bull**** that I don’t even count it as being real.
  • bluechipper and Taildragger8791 like this

#120 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:55 AM

Loving these two ballsy wins without Jimmy and Crossover. Also so great to see Wiggy take the reigns, scoring-wise when needed. KAT didnt even need to make baskets. I was loud and proud at Staples Center tonight, baby.
  • bluechipper likes this