Jump to content

Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

T-Wolves Regular Season Thread

  • Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#221 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

    Cat Evangelist

  • Member
  • 3,033 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:57 PM

I’ll add this: excluding Jimmy from the running, I think the case could be made that Taj has been the MVP of this team this season. That guy is consistent and fundamentally sound.

Edited by ashburyjohn, 07 April 2018 - 07:39 AM.

  • Taildragger8791 likes this

Rap name: LL Cool Bean.


#222 ALessKosherScott

ALessKosherScott

    Member

  • Member
  • 499 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:09 AM

I'm choosing to look at the bright side of things. Per 538, there's an 80% chance we break our streak of missing the playoffs...and a 20% chance we get to keep our first-round draft pick.


#223 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

    Senior Member

  • Member
  • 8,244 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:11 AM

The bottom line is they control their own destiny.
Win 2 very winnable games at home and you're in. If they can't do that, they don't deserve to be in.

#224 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

    Cat Evangelist

  • Member
  • 3,033 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:12 PM

Jimmy Butler is a top-5 player in this league. There, I said it.

We’ve seen a plethora of top tier players go down this season (Steph, Kawhi, Porzingis, Paul, and the list goes on...). But I don’t think anyone has proven quite the same night and day difference when they are on the court as Mr. Buckets.

At the half, I really believe the Wolves are going to take this one.
  • Circus Boy likes this

Rap name: LL Cool Bean.


#225 ALessKosherScott

ALessKosherScott

    Member

  • Member
  • 499 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:49 PM

I'm pretty sure that game took five years off my life. But, wooo, playoffs.
  • Circus Boy and Pardon My Dinger like this

#226 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

    Cat Evangelist

  • Member
  • 3,033 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:35 PM

I'm pretty sure that game took five years off my life. But, wooo, playoffs.


Holy moly. My cats were so frightened by my emotional signals. That game was insane in the membrane. And of course it was.

Rap name: LL Cool Bean.


#227 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

    Cat Evangelist

  • Member
  • 3,033 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:36 PM

The Minnesota Timberwolves are going to the NBA playoffs.

The last time that was true, I was in tenth grade.
  • Circus Boy likes this

Rap name: LL Cool Bean.


#228 bluechipper

bluechipper

    Senior Member

  • Member
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:26 PM

It would be so much nicer if they weren't the 8 seed, but you never know.

#229 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

    Twins News Team

  • Member
  • 17,098 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:38 PM

They're going to get killed.But hopefully the scrounge up a few wins in the series.That's, I think, all we can really hope for.

  • Mike Sixel likes this

#230 Circus Boy

Circus Boy

    St Paul Saints

  • Member
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:02 PM

 

The Minnesota Timberwolves are going to the NBA playoffs.

The last time that was true, I was in tenth grade.

And I had hair.

  • Mike Sixel likes this

#231 Circus Boy

Circus Boy

    St Paul Saints

  • Member
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:03 PM

 

They're going to get killed.But hopefully the scrounge up a few wins in the series.That's, I think, all we can really hope for.

I thought they had a chance until I realized they weren't playing the Rockettes.

  • Mike Sixel and TheLeviathan like this

#232 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

    Senior Member

  • Member
  • 8,244 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

I'm happy they got in, of course.
But had they decided to actually show up at home versus Memphis a couple weeks ago, they might be playing Portland instead of Houston.

I hope that they use it as a learning experience, that you can't take nights off in the regular season.
  • kab21 and bluechipper like this

#233 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

    out to lunch

  • Member
  • 10,667 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:13 AM

Anything worth talking about here?

 

I feel they seem better at this 0-16 thing than the Vikings, and yet do not get credit for it here.

  • ashbury and Sielk like this

#234 ashbury

ashbury

    Twins fan for life!

  • Member
  • 26,610 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 28 February 2021 - 08:53 AM

Anything worth talking about here?

 

I feel they seem better at this 0-16 thing than the Vikings, and yet do not get credit for it here.

Can they be relegated to a soccer minor league?

Sarcasm. Just one of the many fine services I offer.


#235 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

    out to lunch

  • Member
  • 10,667 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:07 AM

 

Can they be relegated to a soccer minor league?

Suggestion makes more sense than i gave it credit for. 15 players can a soccer team make, and that works out considering how substitutions work/are used.But the skill sets differ sufficiently it is unclear they'd be competitive in that league either.

  • ashbury likes this

#236 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

    out to lunch

  • Member
  • 10,667 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:53 PM

Oh, and was lookin' for a place to comment upon the Gophers Basketball season.

 

They had some promise, but lost their guard and seem sunk at this point.

 

But they're the only team to beat Michigan, so that's something.