Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

T-Wolves Regular Season Thread

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,628 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

Let's get this mother started.

• bluechipper likes this

Rap name: LL Cool Bean.

#2 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

I gotta say, I was underwhelmed at first, but those new uniforms are looking sharp. The whites, anyway. 

#3 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Minnesota Twins Whine Line Host

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

WOO!!! Basketball. 

jmybfed6n5jnilyfwc93.gif

• Dantes929, snepp, Taildragger8791 and 1 other like this

#4 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 15,363 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

That wasn't even a shot. It was an outlet pass. He thought he saw his shooting guard seated in the eighth row for an uncontested midrange jumper.

• snepp likes this

The more things a man is ashamed of, the more respectable he is.. -- George Bernard Shaw

#5 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

I could back Zach Lowe's crazy prediction of Jerad Dudley for Aldrich and a 2nd rd pick. This is the type of player the Wolves need instead of Shabazz (still a great bargain that you sign regardless). He just shoots 3's.

Is 2016 2017 the year that a good pitching prospect is truly blocked by 5 good pitchers in the starting rotation? 

Looks like we will have to wait another year until a good pitching prospect is actually blocked.

#6 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

Not T Wolves related, but **** me, that Hayward injury was gruesome. That footage is, like, x rated. So tragic for celts fans.

#7 bluechipper

bluechipper

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:03 PM

Watching the game, that injury is a moment will not be easily forgotten. So sad, especially for Celtics fans basically having their hopes crushed on opening night.

#8 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

The real stinging salt in the wound has to be how utterly inferior the Celtics look against the Cavs right now. Thomas is not even on the damn active roster yet. Yeesh.
  • bluechipper likes this

#9 twinsfanstreif

twinsfanstreif

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:38 PM

Anyone know what the extent of an injury like that is? Is that a career ender, season, or could he get back in 3-4 months? I have no gauge for that kind of thing. Heartbreaking for him and that team though

#10 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

Anyone know what the extent of an injury like that is? Is that a career ender, season, or could he get back in 3-4 months? I have no gauge for that kind of thing. Heartbreaking for him and that team though

Well, they're calling it a 'fracture' of the ankle until they know more, but his foot practically fell off, so...Idk. Anyone's guess?

#11 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 15,363 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:43 AM

Boston radio this morning calls it a broken tibia. Ankle, leg bone. Potato, potahto. (Harvard, Hahvahd.) Either way the ankle hurts like hell and probably will be surgically repaired ASAP.

The more things a man is ashamed of, the more respectable he is.. -- George Bernard Shaw

#12 Heezy1323

Heezy1323

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

This is very likely an ankle fracture/dislocation. It has been reported as a tibia fracture, which is probably a little misleading. The tibia is (of course) the larger of the two bones in the lower leg. The fibula (smaller bone) is almost always fractured in cases like this. The tibia sometimes has a fracture at the bump on the inside of the ankle (called the medial malleolus) and sometimes the injury occurs through the ligaments at the inside of the ankle (called the deltoid ligament). This is different from Paul George's injury, which was a fracture of the tibial shaft.

He may also have some injury to the ligaments between the tibia and fibula (called the syndesmosis) which may require fixing as well. 

I'm sure he will undergo surgery in the next day or two to place a plate and screws on the fibula, some screws on the medial malleolus (if broken) or a ligament repair (if a ligament injury) and then have the syndesmosis evaluated and a fixation device placed there if it is injured. He will probably be non-weight bearing for around 6-8 weeks followed by a gradual return to walking without crutches. I would estimate 4-6 months before he is ready to return to significant athletic activity. I will be very surprised if he is able to play this season, but maybe around playoff time. 

I think it's unlikely that this is a career-ender, but of course everyone heals these things differently. I'm sure the mental side of his recovery will be just as difficult and arduous as the physical side. 

Really stinks to see anyone have an injury like this. I'm sure he had such high hopes for the season.

• ashburyjohn, Mike Sixel, snepp and 4 others like this

#13 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:19 AM

Losing is disappointing but the bright side is that it looks like the Wolves are now 10 deep and won't get killed when they bring in the bench. Unfortunately, the starters got really outplayed today and Dieng got used mostly as a backup C instead of being paired with Towns part of the time. Or at least the boxscore indicates that.

Here is what I was hoping for this season. 
- Dieng starts at PF while Taj subs in for either big with roles being swapped based on current lineup

- Wiggins and Butler both start but their minutes are staggered such that one of them is always in the game.

- Crawford gets most of the backup wing minutes

- Bjelica and Shabazz fill in where matchups dictate

Is 2016 2017 the year that a good pitching prospect is truly blocked by 5 good pitchers in the starting rotation? 

Looks like we will have to wait another year until a good pitching prospect is actually blocked.

#14 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

Never would I have imagined that offense would be a problem for this team. But, good god, somebody do something off ball. Geez Louise.

Edited by Pardon My Dinger, 20 October 2017 - 07:31 PM.

#15 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

Also, Teague...doesnt suck, but he's no Ricky Rubio. I want so badly to change this face, but so far, these guys have been brutal.