Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Who's Going to New York for the game?

twins yankees wildcard playoffs
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 mattkummer

mattkummer

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin
  • Twitter: mattkummer

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:43 PM

I didn't see one, so I figured I would start a thread for those of us going to the game in New York on Tuesday-- should that game take place there.

Let me know if you are going-- and if you have any interest in grabbing a beer near the stadium beforehand. 

Perhaps the TwinsDaily moderators would want to do some sort of informal gathering?

GO TWINS!!
#WEREGONNA

• Oldgoat_MN likes this

#2 Longdistancetwins

Longdistancetwins

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

I'm traveling about 4 subway stops, but I'm going to the game.Sec. 407, I think.

• Mike Sixel, nicksaviking, DaveW and 2 others like this

#3 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 14,270 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

I saw a list of about 25 guys in another thread who should be at the game. They might have an extra spot if their buddy Miguel can't make it. If you throw left-handed, you might even be able to sit with them out in the bullpen. :)

There's also a chance they can stick around for some drinks after the game.

Edited by spycake, 29 September 2017 - 02:34 PM.

• ashburyjohn, Jerr, Mike Sixel and 11 others like this

#4 DaveW

DaveW

Aaron Hicks update (5/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS

• Banned
  • 13,014 posts
  • LocationNYC aka Aaron Hicks Ville

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:47 PM

I didn't see one, so I figured I would start a thread for those of us going to the game in New York on Tuesday-- should that game take place there.

Let me know if you are going-- and if you have any interest in grabbing a beer near the stadium beforehand. 

Perhaps the TwinsDaily moderators would want to do some sort of informal gathering?

GO TWINS!!
#WEREGONNA

I'm crossing the east river and will be at the game :)
Section 130

I run the Minnesota Twins/Vikings/Wild NYC meetup group, I know there is  a watch party at Jack Doyles in midtown. (They smuggle in Grain Belt even) but that's not near the stadium at all, but if any NYC's are reading this and not going to the game, check it out.

I'm working on getting us a section at one of the big bars near the stadium reserved, will keep you posted. Stan's is the best bar, but freaking jam packed and no chance to reserve any spot. There are a couple other spots with more space, I'm going to see if any of them can reserve us some space, it's prob doubtful, but if that doesn't work Billy's is probably the largest one. Ambiance kinda blows, unless you are into weird large sports bars that also try to be clubs. I will likely be at one of those bars with some buddies starting around 5.

Also, Yankee stadium security is nuts, I went to the WC game there a couple years ago and it was taking people 1.5+ hours to get into the stadium, things have gotten better, but I would highly recommend planning at least going to the stadium 1 hour prior to first pitch, if you wait to 15-30 minutes before hand there is a good chance you could miss a couple innings.

• mattkummer and FlauerPauer like this
<p>Aaron Hicks 2017 stats so far (5/17/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS 7 HR 19 RBI 6 SB 22 BBs 1.8WAR

#5 DaveW

DaveW

• Banned
  • 13,014 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

I'm traveling about 4 subway stops, but I'm going to the game.Sec. 407, I think.

Nice, I used to live a couple stops from the stadium when I first moved to the city about a decade ago. 145th stop (BD train) you in the upper east side?

<p>Aaron Hicks 2017 stats so far (5/17/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS 7 HR 19 RBI 6 SB 22 BBs 1.8WAR

#6 Longdistancetwins

Longdistancetwins

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:44 AM

Nice, I used to live a couple stops from the stadium when I first moved to the city about a decade ago. 145th stop (BD train) you in the upper east side?

Yes, Yorkville.No. 4 train does make it much more convenient than when I lived on the Upper West Side.

#7 SF Twins Fan

SF Twins Fan

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 538 posts
  • LocationNew York City, NY

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:59 AM

I don't think I'lll be going to the game but will probably check out Jack Doyle's since it's only a few blocks from where I live.  I was there a few weeks ago when the Vikings played the Steelers.

#8 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• Members
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:02 AM

No desire to ever step foot in New York.I feel about New York the way I feel about Paris.

• Pardon My Dinger likes this

#9 DaveW

DaveW

• Banned
  • 13,014 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

No desire to ever step foot in New York. I feel about New York the way I feel about Paris.

Two best cities in the world!
  • Brock Beauchamp and twinsnorth49 like this

#10 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:58 AM

If anyone is planning on catching one of the games in LA in late October, hit me up!
  • glunn, Oldgoat_MN and PseudoSABR like this

Rap name: LL Cool Bean.

#11 mattkummer

mattkummer

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:52 PM

Was looking on Google Maps for places around the stadium... what about Bronx Drafthouse? Looks like they have good craft beer options and food. I'm sure it's crowded, but maybe less than the iconic places like Stan's?
Bronx Drafthouse
884 Gerard Ave, Bronx, NY 10452
(929) 265-9759
https://goo.gl/maps/ACgo2DQz1EQ2

#12 DaveW

DaveW

• Banned
  • 13,014 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

Was looking on Google Maps for places around the stadium... what about Bronx Drafthouse? Looks like they have good craft beer options and food. I'm sure it's crowded, but maybe less than the iconic places like Stan's?
Bronx Drafthouse
884 Gerard Ave, Bronx, NY 10452
(929) 265-9759
https://goo.gl/maps/ACgo2DQz1EQ2

Nice, I will call them tomorrow and see if we can reserve some space. We have quite a few coming from the NYC Minnesota fan group as well. Hopefully can reserve a few tables to for at least 20 or so to post up in.

Also when are you/others getting into town?

If enough out of town Twins fans are in town Monday, I'd recommend catching some MNF at http://www.foleysny.com/

Basically baseball heaven, and a menu that features not only a Jucy Lucy, but an Aaron Hicks heater burger as well:jump: 

Of course if anyone is in town and staying on the cool side of river (brooklyn) there are plenty of spots as well.

#13 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Twins Mods
  • 21,533 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

If anyone is planning on catching one of the games in LA in late October, hit me up!

I'll actually be in LA on the 22nd for work. Disney Concert Hall.

“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern

#14 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• Members
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

I'll actually be in LA on the 22nd for work. Disney Concert Hall.

I'll be in Utah on the 24th watching Travis Wall and his company.

#15 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 20,448 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

Two best cities in the world!

Yeah, fantastic cities. I don't want to live in either one (already got my mega-city fill living in LA for nine years) but love to visit both.

• Carole Keller likes this

#16 mattkummer

mattkummer

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

I will be getting in late morning Tuesday-- if all goes well. I'm married to an airline employee and I fly standby. All dependent on flight loads and things look fine. I'll avoid MSP-LGA though. ;)

Also, on Twitter, John Bonnes mentioned that he was looking at coordinating something around 5p on Tuesday. Assuming near stadium.

Nice, I will call them tomorrow and see if we can reserve some space. We have quite a few coming from the NYC Minnesota fan group as well. Hopefully can reserve a few tables to for at least 20 or so to post up in.
Also when are you/others getting into town?
If enough out of town Twins fans are in town Monday, I'd recommend catching some MNF at http://www.foleysny.com/
Basically baseball heaven, and a menu that features not only a Jucy Lucy, but an Aaron Hicks heater burger as well:jump: 
Of course if anyone is in town and staying on the cool side of river (brooklyn) there are plenty of spots as well.

#17 DaveW

DaveW

• Banned
  • 13,014 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:48 PM

I will be getting in late morning Tuesday-- if all goes well. I'm married to an airline employee and I fly standby. All dependent on flight loads and things look fine. I'll avoid MSP-LGA though. ;)

Also, on Twitter, John Bonnes mentioned that he was looking at coordinating something around 5p on Tuesday. Assuming near stadium.

Bash LGA all you want, but terminal C is still fine! Also it's closer to the bronx then JFK

Either way, safe travels!

I reserved a couple tables at Bronx Draft house starting at 5pm. Feel free to drop by, ask for David W (or PM for my last name) It's probably the best bet as it is pretty close to the stadium, has decent beer and is probably the one place that will actually be taking the reservation. (Let's just hope they honor it now!)

• mattkummer and MNSportsGuy like this

#18 mattkummer

mattkummer

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

Dave-- that's awesome. Thanks for doing that. I've looped people on Twitter discussion onto that.

I'm avoiding MSP-LGA because I'm going standby, and those flights are most likely to leave me stranded while other Twins fans get to the game! I'll go via Detroit or Chicago instead. 

LGA is no one's idea of an aesthetically pleasing airport. But in terms of getting to the Bronx-- it's by far the best option.

• DaveW likes this

#19 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:46 PM

Bronx Drafthouse at 5:00 works for us. I'll also spread the word on twitter. Thanks DaveW!
  • DaveW and mattkummer like this

#20 Twins Fan From Afar

Twins Fan From Afar

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

I'm in! Looking forward to it.
  • mattkummer likes this
Andrew Walter
Twins Fan From Afar
Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
http://twinsfanfroma...gspot.com<br />Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twins, yankees, wildcard, playoffs