Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: What The Hell Just Happened?

paul molitor byron buxton ervin santana
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 spinowner

spinowner

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

Same old story...nothing that a pitcher (or five) wouldn't fix. As Earl Weaver once said - do you know what you do when you think you have enough pitching? You go out and get more pitching. Of course you could say this about pretty much any team, not just the Twins! 

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t have pitching, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t have pitching, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t have pitching, I would have gained nothing.

13 And now these three remain: hitting, fielding, and pitching. But the greatest of these is pitching.

eiπ + 1 = 0

#22 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 15,355 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:35 PM

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t have pitching, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t have pitching, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t have pitching, I would have gained nothing.

13 And now these three remain: hitting, fielding, and pitching. But the greatest of these is pitching.

Pitching is patient, pitching is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast. It is not proud - but it would be within its rights if it was.

• jimmer likes this

The more things a man is ashamed of, the more respectable he is.. -- George Bernard Shaw

#23 Jham

Jham

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

I've been impressed with Dillon Gee. I would like to see what he can do in higher leverage 1 inning stints. He's certainly been a fantastic long man. May have found something there.

Edited by Jham, 30 September 2017 - 11:24 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paul molitor, byron buxton, ervin santana