Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins Magic Number Reaches Two

paul molitor ervin santana joe mauer brian dozier byron buxton
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 amjgt

amjgt

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

Slight correction.... if the Twins lose out and any of the Royals, Rangers, or Rays win out, then there would be a game 163 to get to the wild card.

#22 tarheeltwinsfan

tarheeltwinsfan

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:25 PM

In the musical, "Damn Yankees", the Washington Senators (the Twins' ancestor) beat the Yankees because Joe Boyd, aka Joe Hardy, hits a home run. We don't need Joe Hardy. We're a good baseball team that believes in each other. Go grab those Yankees by their sissy pinstripes and don't turn loose until they have been defeated and tossed aside like dirty laundry. Visualize Twins' players being interviewed as victors after the game, heads held high, shouting, laughing, cream pie in the face and more smiles than a happy face tee shirt factory. Do not, I repeat, do not, let defeat enter into our minds. The Twins story is the best in all of baseball this year. Everyone, except Yankee fans, will be pulling for the Twins to beat the pinstripes. Positive thoughts only.  

#23 Ryan Atkins

Ryan Atkins

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:42 PM

I am prepared to be OK with the Twins getting swept in the Division Series. But, please please please beat those stinkin' Yankees!

Score early and often (remember how quickly that 3-0 lead turned into an 11-3 defeat last week? Ugh!)

#24 amjgt

amjgt

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

In a one game playoff shouldn't you always have someone warming up? I mean maybe not the first inning, but why wouldn't you Dylan Gee loose in the 2nd-4th innings just in case, then after than you always have one of your better releivers 3 minutes from ready to come into the game.

#25 birdwatcher

birdwatcher

• Members
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

I became a baseball/Twins fan 50 years ago as I followed the amazing 1967 pennant race.  So, while a Wild Card race is not the same thing,  Seth's scenarios about the Angels, Royals, and Rangers, reminds me a bit of following what Detroit, Boston, and Chicago were doing in the last week of the 1967 season.  I was disappointed in the final result, of course (hated poor Carl Yastrzemski for years) but was hooked as a Twins fan for life.  So, I say thanks to the Twins for giving me a happy "golden anniversary."  

Thanks for rekindling great memories of that 1967 team I still think of as the most fun group of players I have followed. The 1987 group was fun too, and I'm now amazed at how much joy this current bunch is giving me.

• Longdistancetwins likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paul molitor, ervin santana, joe mauer, brian dozier, byron buxton