Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

When you think that Souhan has reached low...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 The Wise One

The Wise One

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:41 AM

Interesting. In effect you're attaching a position to Kaepernick, by telling him what he's better off doing, when you don't actually know what he's trying to accomplish. I hope you don't alienate him. :)

For as long as I can remember, when someone stands up to air a grievance, there are those who reflexively say, "sit down, you're rockin' the boat".

The grievance I aired was that Kapernick does not have to work,has other options for making money, and has a better platform by being viewed as locked out. Reflexively people are saying shut up to those comments. 

#82 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 27,609 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

It's all about the OLine.....and it helps that Case got more practice time obviously. But if the OLine can block, they should be good.

I remain hopeful on Buxton and Sano.....but I'd not bet the franchise on them.

#83 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 20,004 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:03 AM

The grievance I aired was that Kapernick does not have to work,has other options for making money, and has a better platform by being viewed as locked out.

That's not a grievance. You are in no way harmed by any of those things.

Neither, for that matter, are any of those things the source of Kaepernick's taking a knee during the National Anthem. The first is a consequence of his working hard for a particular employer; the other two are a consequence of his message resonating.

The grievance itself is, in his words, "a country that oppresses black people and people of color". I daresay he has standing to air that grievance, on behalf of others as well as himself.

What you presumed to air is petty by comparison.

• Hosken Bombo Disco and Platoon like this

Joys and tears alike are sent, to give the soul fit nourishment. -- Sarah Adams

#84 The Wise One

The Wise One

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

That's not a grievance. You are in no way harmed by any of those things.

Neither, for that matter, are any of those things the source of Kaepernick's taking a knee during the National Anthem. The first is a consequence of his working hard for a particular employer; the other two are a consequence of his message resonating.

The grievance itself is, in his words, "a country that oppresses black people and people of color". I daresay he has standing to air that grievance, on behalf of others as well as himself.

What you presumed to air is petty by comparison.

You would have to look long and hard and you will still not find a spot where I say it is wrong for him to take a knee. Pettiness is attaching a viewpoint to someone's post that is not there. That is the bane of message boards. Not many are immune to it or doing it. If you wish to discuss my point that he is better off painting himself as locked out and victimized than a backup qb for some miserable team, that would be fine. If you want to discuss my origional point that he can still make money as a speaker and that he has more than enough money that he does not have to take a job as a backup on a miserable team, that would be fine. If you have some idea as to why Eric Reid who started with Kapernick taking a knee and has never caught flack for it, that would be informative. The attention has always been Kapernick, narry a bad word directed at Reid. 

#85 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 20,004 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:16 PM

If you wish to discuss my point that he is better off painting himself as locked out

I have no interest in the distraction of discussing what he is better off doing. He is doing what he is doing. There never is a shortage of people telling a protester he is doing it wrong.

Joys and tears alike are sent, to give the soul fit nourishment. -- Sarah Adams

#86 The Wise One

The Wise One

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:45 PM

I have no interest in the distraction of discussing what he is better off doing. He is doing what he is doing. There never is a shortage of people telling a protester he is doing it wrong.

You are right that there is no shortage of people saying he is doing it wrong. IMO he is doing it right. He is kept himself in the limelight.