Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins 2017 Minor League Hitter Of The Year

mitch garver jonathan rodriguez lamonte wade zack granite jermaine palacios
  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Tomj14

Tomj14

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:32 AM

That has nothing to do with his fielding, and also, he's been stuck in AAA all year, so actually he's done nothing that matters for an MLB club.

Sorry I didn't mean to infer anything other than he had another great year in the MINORS and still would be considered one of our better minor league prospects.

#42 drivlikejehu

drivlikejehu

• Members
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

Sorry I didn't mean to infer anything other than he had another great year in the MINORS and still would be considered one of our better minor league prospects.

No he wouldn't, he is not a "prospect" and would be considered as AAAA depth that is interchangeable with basically random guys they could pull off the waiver wire. He has no value.

If you ain't got no haters, you ain't poppin'.

#43 Tomj14

Tomj14

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

No he wouldn't, he is not a "prospect" and would be considered as AAAA depth that is interchangeable with basically random guys they could pull off the waiver wire. He has no value.

He is 4 months older than our minor league hitter of the year and put up better numbers. I get he is AAAA player.

#44 Taildragger8791

Taildragger8791

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

He is 4 months older than our minor league hitter of the year and put up better numbers. I get he is AAAA player.

Arcia was hitting in the PCL which heavily inflates offensive numbers, so take them with a grain of salt. Good AAAA hitters with power regularly put up video game stats there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mitch garver, jonathan rodriguez, lamonte wade, zack granite, jermaine palacios