Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Another season of GREAT minor league reports

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 8,082 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:52 PM

I feel blessed to have access to the daily minor league reports on TD. This season the reports were especially enjoyable, because the minor league teams all did well.

Obviously, these reports took a lot of effort by the authors, and I want to thank each of them:

Codie Christie

Tom Froemming

Steve Lein

Jeremy Nygaard

Eric R. Pleiss

Seth Stohs

The six of you provided a ton of interesting articles this year, and the quality was always high. Thank you for making the world a better place for Twins fans.

• ashburyjohn, Seth Stohs, Steve Lein and 14 others like this

#2 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 7,941 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

Agreed. The minor league stuff on TD is easily the best stuff here. Incredible work and also good job on draft prep, as well.

• Steve Lein, glunn, clutterheart and 1 other like this

#3 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:03 AM

Yes, Thank you!!

• Steve Lein and glunn like this

#4 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

Concur.
The best around, hands down, bar none.
Thanks guys.

#5 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 22,825 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

Agreed, truly awesome.

thank you all.

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#6 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Minnesota Twins Whine Line Host

• Members
  • 8,026 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:23 PM

Let's never forget that we learned Seth is the Bartolo Colon in our staff of Minor League writers.... Will he return next season?! 

#7 Han Joelo

Han Joelo

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:10 PM

I concur heartily. The minor league coverage and conversation here is the fizz in the soda stream of the water of my fandom.

Such a huge leap from the little weekly snippets in the USA Today sports weekly. Thanks fellas!

#8 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 15,073 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:14 AM

Let's never forget that we learned Seth is the Bartolo Colon in our staff of Minor League writers.... Will he return next season?! 

Negotiations have begun... Ha!

• Steve Lein, glunn and Vanimal46 like this

#9 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 15,073 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:15 AM

And thank you... very kind. When we started Twins Daily, it was important to me to continue doing daily Twins minor league reports... Jeremy and Cody started helping out with them several years ago. Then Steve and Eric started last year. Now Tom joined to do them this year. Those guys deserve all the credit. IT's definitely a team effort because they are quite a bit of work... But I know I enjoy them too, and it means a lot to a lot of people. 

#10 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Minnesota Twins Whine Line Host

• Members
  • 8,026 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

Negotiations have begun... Ha!

1 year, $12.5 million and not a penny more! 

• Steve Lein, glunn and Mike Sixel like this

#11 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 15,073 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

1 year, $12.5 million and not a penny more! 

Sounds like a great place to start the negotiations... 

• ashburyjohn, Steve Lein, glunn and 2 others like this

#12 Doctor Wu

Doctor Wu

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

I also agree with the praise. We're lucky to have such detailed and thorough reports from the Twins' minor league teams. I recall the days, not so long ago, when I had to hunt online for stats of how players in the Twins' minor league teams were doing. Or even further back, waiting for issues of Baseball America to arrive in my mailbox. Reading these reports is much easier, and more interesting!

• Steve Lein, glunn, Mike Sixel and 1 other like this

#13 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

Senior Member - MiLB Report Contributor

• Members
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:40 AM

Thank you very much for the kind words from all! I love doing them, and always tried to point out something you may not have noticed just scouring stat lines. 

I have to correct Seth though, I started assisting in 2014 so this was my 4th year, not 2nd :)

I'm also looking forward to bringing you the weekly AFL recaps when the season kicks off on October 10th!

Twins prospects are playing on the Surprise Saguaros roster this year along with prospects from the Royals, Cardinals, Rays, and Rangers.

Your Twins include, pitchers:

Tyler Jay (FM/CHA) - definitely needs the innings

Tom Hackimer (CR/FM) - sidewinder with good numbers

Andrew Vasquez (CR/FM) - big K numbers, very intriguing pen arm

Ryan Eades (CHA/ROC) - will his numbers ever catch up with his 'stuff'?, then:

Infielder Sean Miller (FM),

First baseman Chris Paul (FM) - good numbers when he was on the field this year

and outfielder LaMonte Wade (CHA) - perhaps his final test before entering OF conversation?

FYI - I haven't seen Eades, Miller, and Vasquez announced or confirmed anywhere, but they do show on the Saguaros roster page.

• glunn and Tom Froemming like this

Scouting Report: Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 45, Speed: 45. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but will sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)

#14 Geneb

Geneb

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:14 AM

I've been a fan of the organization sine my dad took me Senators games in the first grade. Pete Runnels gave me a bat he broke in one of the games we attended. My dad was Air Force and we were transferred out the same year they became the Twins. I didn't live in Washington anymore so I gave my allegiance to the Twins. During my nine-year stint at Florida State I would spend a lot of time in the library looking up games from Denver, Portland, Charlotte, and places like Wilson, N.C. Wherever FSU received a paper from a town with Twins farm teams. This is to say That when I say this is the best year I remember for the Twins minor leagues it goes back quite a ways. We've had good groups come thru like the nucleus of the two World Championships in '87 and '91 plus the group now of Rosario, Buxton, Sano and the boys. Can't say I remember a year when every team was a league or division contender. Part of my enjoyment was being able to go to one spot to get stories and box scores from every Twins team in one space. Thank you for making that source available to me.
  • glunn and Mike Sixel like this