Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

2017-2018 Vikings Regular Season

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#21 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods
  • 6,305 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:45 PM

McKinnon pulls a Diggs, slows up before getting into the endzone and about gets caught off-guard by a defender.

*sigh*

Thankfully it's the Bears, and they're not good.

Member VP of the "Baseball Player Positional Flexibility" Club

#22 GardyParty

GardyParty

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationJamestown ND

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

DOss gone know of a good twins daily style for Vikings chat?

#23 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Twins Mods
  • 21,500 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:48 AM

DOss gone know of a good twins daily style for Vikings chat?

The MinnCentric team used to have a site for the Vikings but it went defunct. The person who ran that site (Funkytown) had her own before and merged with them, but is now back with her own site again. I don't think they have the same format, and I'm not sure they have content writers doing articles, but there is plenty of forum talk, specifically Vikings talk. Here's the website: http://purplepain.proboards.com

If I were into the Vikings and football, it's where I'd go.

“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern

#24 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 27,512 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:54 AM

Well, the Rodgers injury should increase their odds of making the playoffs. I hate injuries.

I remain hopeful on Buxton and Sano.....but I'd not bet the franchise on them.

#25 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,910 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

Yep. Sucks for Packers fans that their star player appears to be out for the season now. 

Teddy was just cleared this morning to start practicing. Interesting developments over the last 24 hours for sure. 

#26 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:25 AM

If Keenum can come in and win games, the packers have no excuse. Yeah, Rogers is special, but one guy isn't a team. The injury is kinda on him too, he didn't really try to protect himself. I watched it live and immediately knew what happened. You don't let a huge dude pile drive you into your shoulder. Barr did go harder than I would have liked, so I agree with Rogers. Maybe that is why he got hurt, he was expecting Barr to let up and relaxed.
Do or do not. There is no try.

#27 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,910 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:27 AM

Didn't watch much of the game yesterday, but from what I read, the Z-Fense is firing on all cylinders. 

#28 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

This defense giving up 2 TD's in the first half is inexcusable.
Have the Browns even scored 2 offensive TD's in a game before this?

This D better pitch a shutout in the second half.

#29 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

.....And right on cue the defense makes a play.

#30 bluechipper

bluechipper

• Members
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

I hate the London games. The Vikings sleepwalked through most of the game and still won easily at least, even though it wasn't the most fun game to watch. An 8:30 start doesn't help.

#31 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

Yeah, hopefully they get corrected over the bye.
An effort like that isn't going to cut it against anyone else on their schedule.

#32 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 9,248 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

Unrelated football question:

If the NFL, NCAA or whoever wants to protect quarterbacks and generate offense, why not get rid of some of the silly penalties, like illegal grounding, illegal offensive formations, etc? Why should the quarterback get to throw an incomplete pass when he wants? Think about it. Less penalties, more advantage to the offense. 

#33 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 8,783 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:17 PM

They might get a bye. Pretty impressive season so far.
Papers...business papers.

#34 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:27 PM

Offense was clicking. Keenum showed me something by saying, "if you want my job you'll have to pry it from my hands". I like that attitude in a player.

Very concerned about the defense getting torched for 30 points though. I know they were missing Everson, but still, he's just one guy. As good as the offense was today, I still think you're playing with fire if you're asking them to put up 31+ to win.

Edited by Mr. Brooks, 12 November 2017 - 05:27 PM.

• Vanimal46 likes this

#35 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 8,783 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:38 PM

Offense was clicking. Keenum showed me something by saying, "if you want my job you'll have to pry it from my hands". I like that attitude in a player.

Very concerned about the defense getting torched for 30 points though. I know they were missing Everson, but still, he's just one guy. As good as the offense was today, I still think you're playing with fire if you're asking them to put up 31+ to win.

The D started slow but really locked it down in the second half when it mattered (the only TD was after an INT returned to the 2) and had a huge turnover late in first half. Seems like it'll be fine.
Papers...business papers.

#36 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

The D started slow but really locked it down in the second half when it mattered (the only TD was after an INT returned to the 2) and had a huge turnover late in first half. Seems like it'll be fine.

You may be right, but I keep hearing this is an elite defense. No doubt they are good, but the type of generationally elite defenses that can carry a team to the SB lock it down from the opening snap to the last.
Everyone is entitled to a bad day, I get that, so hopefully this was just their 'bad day ', and not a glimpse of something exposeable.

#37 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

Wow, what an awful challenge. What are they thinking here? Don't they have a guy looking at replay before they challenge?

#38 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

Nobody within 20 yards of Thielen. All Keenum has to do is hit him in stride and it's a TD. Instead we get zero points. Awful throw.

#39 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:36 PM

Thielen is a legit star WR. What a story, and what a find for the Vikings.
  • Dozier's Glorious Hair likes this

#40 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 19,957 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:48 PM

Thielen is a legit star WR. What a story, and what a find for the Vikings.

He still has room for growth in the "don't get called for silly clipping" department.

• nicksaviking likes this

A painter should not paint what he sees, but what will be seen.-- Paul Valery