Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 8/22@5:10pm PT (7:10 PM CT)

hawt taeks twins game thread white sox
  • Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#221 AlwaysinModeration

AlwaysinModeration

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

8Ks by Gibson. Wriggles out of a big jam and then mows them down. Could have pitched the 8th inning. Nice work!
  • adorduan and Dozier's Glorious Hair like this

#222 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 18,157 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:07 PM

landscape-1486478623-delish-rainbow-chic

winnah!

dancing.gif

• snepp likes this

Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.-- Robert Louis Stevenson

#223 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Twins Mods
  • 20,327 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

How do you feel about Fenway? I'm sure players don't like the Monster but that doesn't make it terrible. I love a park with some history and some flair. The ivy is amazing, the way the ball flies out on a windy day is awesome -- it's a great park in a different way than San Fran or Pitt but every bit as great.

It's been almost 40 years since I've been to Fenway, so I can't really judge. And I did say other than practically being a national monument to baseball as an acknowledgement to the historic place it is, but as far as watching a game, nope. Even if you do manage to get tickets that don't have some obstruction, it's just a horrible stadium from its location and accessibility to the dankness. Blecht. No thank you. I avoid Wrigley when I can. And I'm not a huge fan of Guaranteed, either, it's bland, nothing-specialness, but it's still has good sightlines from most locations and still has good amenities.
“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern
Nevertheless, she persisted. Time’s up.

#224 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

• Twins Mods
  • 20,327 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:10 PM

Disagree. Wrigley and Fenway don't have modern amenities in the same way as modern parksbut both ballparks have a feel and a history that is amazing. The Alamo is a dump too but it's also not meant to be a Holiday Inn.

Heh, one more thing, your analogy to the Alamo is funny. The Alamo isn't trying to be a Holiday Inn; it's preserved as an historical place that doesn't continue to serve its original purpose. Wrigley still tries, and it's still a dump.
“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern

#225 Darius

Darius

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

F yeah Gibson.

#226 Darius

Darius

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:24 PM

Heh, one more thing, your analogy to the Alamo is funny. The Alamo isn't trying to be a Holiday Inn; it's preserved as an historical place that doesn't continue to serve its original purpose. Wrigley still tries, and it's still a dump.

You may have missed the point.

Also, ill give you a "heh" for your misguided (hopefully) heh.

But, I hope that "heh" made your night and made you feel good. "Heh" "an"
Historical place.

Edited by Darius, 22 August 2017 - 10:28 PM.

#227 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

• Twins Mods
  • 20,327 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:33 PM

You may have missed the point.
Also, ill give you a "heh" for your misguided (hopefully) heh.
But, I hope that "heh" made your night and made you feel good. "Heh" "an"
Historical place.

I'm not sure what your point is but I think comparing Wrigley to the Alamo is funny and not a good analogy. I get the nostalgia people have for Wrigley and I acknowledge it's history as an historical baseball landmark, but as a modern era ballpark to sit and watch a game, it's still a dump.

#228 Circus Boy

Circus Boy

Grain Belt: "The Friendly Beer"

• Members
  • 1,417 posts
  • LocationHuron, SD

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

This coming from a guy who caught DII baseball (oh good for me)....what the heck is with catchers painting their finger nails. Kind of ridiculous. If you can't read signs at 60 ft, you may want to see an optimitrist and go Tyler Clippard with glasses.

It's the last six inches that are hard to make out.

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish saying

#229 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

optimystic

• Members
  • 6,639 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:12 AM

I'm not sure what your point is but I think comparing Wrigley to the Alamo is funny and not a good analogy. I get the nostalgia people have for Wrigley and I acknowledge it's history as an historical baseball landmark, but as a modern era ballpark to sit and watch a game, it's still a dump.

I can't fault someone for taking a dump of historical significance in the WC last year over a perhaps nicer facility that hasn't been at that peak of performance for a decade, or even a quarter century...

I can wait a little longer though for my turn. One gets used to holding one's opinions in.

And sorry i missed most of the game yesterday.

The score was fine by me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hawt taeks, twins, game thread, white sox