Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Fake virus

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• Members
  • 9,339 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:30 AM

Yes, still getting redirected.

#22 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

BE BOLD

• Twins Mods
  • 18,747 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

It’s baaaaaaack ...
“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern
Nevertheless, she persisted. Time’s up.

#23 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,723 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

Seemed like we had it licked for a while there. Now, not so much.

Rap name: LL Cool Bean.

#24 crapforks

crapforks

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:17 PM

I can’t believe how many times I’ve won that Walmart gift card just by navigating this site. 😉

I do occasionally click on ads for y’all, but these pop ups/redirects are are pretty aggressive. Had to close the tab a few times. iOS for what it’s worth. Let me know if you need more details.

#25 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

BE BOLD

• Twins Mods
  • 18,747 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:30 AM

I can’t believe how many times I’ve won that Walmart gift card just by navigating this site.
I do occasionally click on ads for y’all, but these pop ups/redirects are are pretty aggressive. Had to close the tab a few times. iOS for what it’s worth. Let me know if you need more details.

Phone, iPad or laptop/desktop? I’ve only experienced these on my phone and less on my iPad. If on my phone sometimes switching to full version helps. Sometimes switching browsers helps, too. Beyond that, it’s a Brock issue.
“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern

#26 crapforks

crapforks

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

I have only experienced it on my iPhone; Safari on iPhone 7+ running iOS 11.1. I don't have an iPad. My laptop and desktop don't encounter any problems when browsing the site; Safari on MacOS 10.12 and 10.13.1.

If it makes a difference, I choose not to run an ad blocker to help generate ad revenue for the sites I frequent. 

#27 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

BE BOLD

• Twins Mods
  • 18,747 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:10 PM

I have only experienced it on my iPhone; Safari on iPhone 7+ running iOS 11.1. I don't have an iPad. My laptop and desktop don't encounter any problems when browsing the site; Safari on MacOS 10.12 and 10.13.1.
If it makes a difference, I choose not to run an ad blocker to help generate ad revenue for the sites I frequent.

On your phone then, try using the full version to see if that helps. I’ve never tried using a different browser from my phone, but it might be worth trying, And send Brock a screen shot and/or quick description of the issue. I’m sure he’s aware as this isn’t anything new and I’ve found that it does seem to come and go. But using the full version (scroll to the bottom, it’s the list under ‘Utilities’) will sometimes elevate those pop ups and redirects. And turn your phone horizontal to make reading easier while in full version mode. This has worked for me, most of the time.

#28 crapforks

crapforks

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:46 AM

On your phone then, try using the full version to see if that helps. I’ve never tried using a different browser from my phone, but it might be worth trying, And send Brock a screen shot and/or quick description of the issue. I’m sure he’s aware as this isn’t anything new and I’ve found that it does seem to come and go. But using the full version (scroll to the bottom, it’s the list under ‘Utilities’) will sometimes elevate those pop ups and redirects. And turn your phone horizontal to make reading easier while in full version mode. This has worked for me, most of the time.

I usually browse on one of my computers, so it isn't that big a deal for me. I just wanted to let the powers that be (Brocketpig) know that there was an issue. Let me know if any of you want any more info.