Slashing .250/.368/.350 is a pretty good month for a first baseman?
This should probably become it's own thread but Mauer is still probably our best option at first base. Yes, his power is bad but that slash line is probably better than anything Vargas (the only obvious replacement on the 40 man roster) could do.
So we have these choices:
1) Play Mauer as we have been with occasional off days and shuffling line ups as we have been.
2) Play Vargas more (I think this is a bad idea)
3) Add Park to the 40 man roster and see if he can play 1B. (I like this idea more than #2).
4) Make a trade. Obviously, it depends on price but I'm not sure I want the Twins trading off prospects at this point.
5) Move Sano to first base and insert Escobar at third.
I don't know if they have other realistic ideas. Kepler played a lot of first in the minors and bring up Granite for a corner spot? See if Grossman can play first and bring up Vargas/Park to DH? Ugh.