Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/27): Del Rosario is Stunning and Rooker Goes Yard

gabriel moya brent rooker jermaine palacios eduardo del rosario kyle gibson
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Eric R Pleiss

Eric R Pleiss

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:00 AM

"Kernels starter Evan Sanders struggled through 4.0 innings"

I didn't realize we had a Kernel Sanders in the system. :)

I've failed as a blogger for not diving into this.  

@ERolfPleiss

Ethan Mildren is my favorite 2013 12th round draftee.

#22 mikelink45

mikelink45

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

Gibson raises a different question for me - one I wrote too much about last year - what good are our pitching coaches?  Our young pitchers struggle too much when they get to MLB.  Other systems get some really good results when young pitcher jump in to the majors, but our fail rate (or at least the rate by which we get underwhelming performances) is too high and has been for a while.  

We have not heard much about our pitching coach and the new system, but I note that everything we do seems to be reaching into the waste basket of baseballs waiver bin instead of progressing more of our own. 

I have no answer for Gibson but I would like to see how he does in another system.

#23 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

Gibson raises a different question for me - one I wrote too much about last year - what good are our pitching coaches?  Our young pitchers struggle too much when they get to MLB.  Other systems get some really good results when young pitcher jump in to the majors, but our fail rate (or at least the rate by which we get underwhelming performances) is too high and has been for a while.  

We have not heard much about our pitching coach and the new system, but I note that everything we do seems to be reaching into the waste basket of baseballs waiver bin instead of progressing more of our own. 

I have no answer for Gibson but I would like to see how he does in another system.

No question, the Twins need a new minor league pitching coordinator with the new regime.  Eric Rasmussen is too much like the old boys in charge.  In that same breath Cliburn needs shown the door as well

• Mike Sixel, clutterheart and mikelink45 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gabriel moya, brent rooker, jermaine palacios, eduardo del rosario, kyle gibson