Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Astros 10, Twins 5: Berrios Bombs

jose berrios brian dozier zack granite
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 D.C Twins

D.C Twins

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

It is time for everyone to get comfortable trading our 34-year-old “ace” at his peak value (yes, there will be a good market unlike for Dozier). I am super optimistic about our core, but our window really opens in 2019 if we are being honest with ourselves. Santana will not be part of that….I promise

#22 Aggies7

Aggies7

How Do I Have 0 Warning Points?

• Members
  • 6,492 posts
  • LocationScranton, Pa

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

Hopefully Santana throws a gem tonight and we can trade him to someone willing to overpay

#23 Deduno Abides

Deduno Abides

Rochester Plates

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

Berrios and Polanco are decent major league players. They mostly need experience, and with that will come better poise.

The last thing they need is the dangling withdrawal of managerial confidence and managerial under-the-bus-throwing, which we as fans became accustomed to over the last several years, until it reached a point where projecting a young player to never be any good because he made a mistake or had some bad games (or didn't play to his potential because of injury, or hyperactivity, or . . .) appeared to pass for baseball wisdom.

#24 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• Members
  • 2,681 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

Berrios and Polanco are decent major league players. They mostly need experience, and with that will come better poise.

Berrios? I totally agree. Polanco? I see a Florimon playing a lot of AAA ball and bouncing around as a utility throw away over and over and over.

#25 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 8,565 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:37 PM

I'm starting to think the Twins might not be quite as good as Houston.

I take it all back.
Papers...business papers.

#26 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

Berrios? I totally agree. Polanco? I see a Florimon playing a lot of AAA ball and bouncing around as a utility throw away over and over and over.

Well so far he's amassed 1.2 WAR and he's only in his age 23 season - or the same age that Florimon was putting up a .483 OPS in AA.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jose berrios, brian dozier, zack granite