Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: 2017 Draft Signings, Notes and Rumors

draft royce lewis brent rooker
  • Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#41 Brandon

Brandon

• 1,979 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

Jeremy, when you update this page you shoul move it to that days articles. This one is a ways down now.

#42 clutterheart

clutterheart

• 1,605 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

They don't want to move Davis to left or to High A yet maybe?

Goddness I hope not.  Jaylin Davis looks to me like Adam Walker with less power and worse SO numbers.  

He shouldn't be blocking to anyone.  

#43 jsteve96

jsteve96

Ft Myers Miracle

• 399 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

Goddness I hope not.  Jaylin Davis looks to me like Adam Walker with less power and worse SO numbers.  

looks like ABW, does't mean coaching and maturity can't help fix the K problem. his K% is down to 25% the last 33 games with a .939 OPS.. still decent potential.Get Rookers feet wet for a week or 2 and see If Davis to LF or to A+ is better option, that's what I would do

#44 jsteve96

jsteve96

Ft Myers Miracle

• 399 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

J Davis not blocking him, Rooker going straight to FM after E-town.

#45 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,280 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

J Davis not blocking him, Rooker going straight to FM after E-town.

I thought that tweet was updated to say to CR after starting out?

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

#46 jsteve96

jsteve96

Ft Myers Miracle

• 399 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

I thought that tweet was updated to say to CR after starting out?

nah, going to the miracle after 2 weeks in E-town.

• Mike Sixel likes this

#47 joey emerson

joey emerson

Elizabethton Twins

• 21 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:27 PM

I'm curious how reps are split between Lewis and De La Torre. I'm hoping Lewis plays more than every other day, but I'd like to see them both get a ton of reps at shortstop. 

with the 3 infielders taken this draft early does that mean javier skipping right to elizabethton and Miranda going there too?

#48 Pitz

Pitz

• 444 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

Javier was assigned to the Etown roster at the beginning of June (prior to the draft)

#49 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• 7,718 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

nah, going to the miracle after 2 weeks in E-town.

Where are you seeing that?

#50 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• 1,736 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:54 PM

Wow. The signing tracker shows that we have 19 agreed already with 5 from the top ten rounds unsigned. If we sign those five, which normally you expect to get all top 10 rounds signed, that will be 24 plus there are two Seniors unsigned, that would make 26...we might know our whole list of draft signings already...

#51 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 24,185 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

If a draftee has agreed, is it just a formality for 'agreed' to become 'signed?'

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#52 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon
  • Twitter: tturbo420

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:28 PM

Where are you seeing that?

MiLB.com has it and it's also on his MiLB.com page that he was reassigned on June 2nd

Baseball America did have the preliminary GCL rosters but that was recently taken down after the draft as it will change after the recent draft picks.

The worst part of the year is about to come up as several players will be cut from the lower levels to make room for new blood.

#53 AZTwin

AZTwin

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 933 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:53 PM

MiLB.com has it and it's also on his MiLB.com page that he was reassigned on June 2nd

Baseball America did have the preliminary GCL rosters but that was recently taken down after the draft as it will change after the recent draft picks.

The worst part of the year is about to come up as several players will be cut from the lower levels to make room for new blood.

Bob have you seen Javier down there? How's he looking? The skeptic in me says the Lewis pick indicates that the front office isn't as big on Javier than the fans at this point

#54 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon
  • Twitter: tturbo420

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

Bob have you seen Javier down there? How's he looking? The skeptic in me says the Lewis pick indicates that the front office isn't as big on Javier than the fans at this point

Yes, I've seen Javier play every weekend as the regular starting SS in EXST.  Defensively, he's got a strong arm, covers good ground, his footwork needs work though and he doesn't have the softest hands.  The biggest concern is that he is going to fill out and grow over the next 5 years and he might end up on the "large SS" spectrum or move to 3B or corner OF. Offensively, his swing needs work but the bat speed he possesses and how quickly the ball comes off his bat is pretty remarkable.

Here's video of him this spring:

Wander hitting, running the bases and fielding on 6/3/17

Wander hitting on 5/29/17

Wander hitting on 5/20/17

• Mike Sixel, DocBauer and nytwinsfan like this

#55 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• 7,718 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:10 AM

MiLB.com has it and it's also on his MiLB.com page that he was reassigned on June 2nd

We were discussing Rooker, not Javier.
And, I was asking him where he's seeing that Rooker is going to Ft Myers after 2 weeks in ETown.

#56 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Draft Czar

• Twins Database Managers
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

If a draftee has agreed, is it just a formality for 'agreed' to become 'signed?'

Yes.

• SQUIRREL and USAFChief like this

#57 drjim

drjim

• 8,783 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:46 PM

We were discussing Rooker, not Javier.
And, I was asking him where he's seeing that Rooker is going to Ft Myers after 2 weeks in ETown.

FWIW, Doogie keeps saying two weeks then off to Ft. Myers. Makes sense, Cedar Rapids is a waste of his time.
  • Mike Sixel and DocBauer like this
Papers...business papers.

#58 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• 7,718 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:27 PM

FWIW, Doogie keeps saying two weeks then off to Ft. Myers. Makes sense, Cedar Rapids is a waste of his time.

Ok thanks.

#59 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 24,185 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

Yes.

Thanks for all your draft reports and updates this season!

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#60 twinsfanstreif

twinsfanstreif

• 713 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

MLB.com and MLB daily dish both have Sammons, Contreras, and Faucher all signed for $10,000 each on their tracker. Sounds about right and if true will in total save us $429,500, not too shabby
  • markos and Dman like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: draft, royce lewis, brent rooker