Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins 6, Mariners 2: Berrios Cruises, Gimenez Bruises

jose berrios chris gimenez
  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 11,211 posts
  • LocationThe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:53 AM

I don't understand what's happening with the bullpen right now.

I think on this, we all agree.

• HitInAPinch likes this

#42 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

It does actually...and your 40 man roster in this scenario.Every guy that goes up means someone below goes up and someone above gets DFAd. 

We're primarily talking about promotions to AAA here, so 40-man is irrelevant.

Could be as simple as moving a guy up from AA to AAA, and simultaneously moving a guy down from AAA to AA.  They've already moved guys down from AAA to AA to rotate more scrap heap guys into the AAA mix, it seems like it wouldn't be that hard to do it again to move a solid performer or two up from AA.  Gonsalves for Pino?  Bard or Curtiss for Mickolio or Wimmers?

• Mike Sixel likes this

#43 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 22,969 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

It does actually...and your 40 man roster in this scenario.Every guy that goes up means someone below goes up and someone above gets DFAd.These aren't decisions that get made on a whim, and they are often made after the draft/minor league ASB for that reason. 

I do not get the consternation about bringing Gonsalves up after a few starts (several of which were not impressive) after being out for a couple months due to injury.He will come up eventually, and a couple more starts until the org is ready for this is hardly going to be detrimental to anything but our patience.

it's not about 1 guy, it's a pattern.....a pattern that is hard to understand. Sub out gonsalves, and put in any RP pretty much. 

the pattern is clear, they aren't giving any current minor leaguer that is a legit prospect a promotion or chance in MN, despite having no starters in AAA, and few good bullpen options in MN.

Waiting for the minor league all star break is pretty arbitrary, when you are hanging onto first place by your nails, imo.

• Hosken Bombo Disco likes this

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#44 HitInAPinch

HitInAPinch

Look deeply into mine eyes....

• Members
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:51 PM

I think he has a feel for it, he simply doesn't care. I hate to see him do it but damn, it's fun to watch a fearless defender.

Well, in my mind, there's a big difference between fearless and foolish.  That one looked to me like he should have played it off the wall.  But, hindsight......

I hate going back to this well again, however:  I think another call from Torii Hunter is in order.  Buxton needs to start thinking long-term.

It's not my fault !

#45 Tom Froemming

Tom Froemming

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:03 PM

He’s so hot right now there’s just no way Paul Molitor is going to put him back on the bench anytime soon. Escobar is now hitting .295 with an .823 OPS.

Well, I was wrong. Escobar is on the bench tonight. Over the past seven days he's hitting .684/.700/.1.158!

I guess most of his damage has been done against lefties and he's 0-for-3 lifetime against Carrasco, a RHP. And Polanco has been better against RHP (.684)  than LHP (.586). Still surprised, though.

• 70charger, h2oface and Hosken Bombo Disco like this

#46 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• Members
  • 2,659 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

Great Headline!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jose berrios, chris gimenez