Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Eddie Rosario's leash

eddie rosario zach granite daniel palka lamonte wade
  • Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 8,783 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:59 AM

Earlier in this thread I suggested bringing Granite up just to try and focus Eddie a little bit with some competition.  So I checked the Rosario stat line from July 8, when Granite had his first game.

Prior to July 8: 267 AB  16 BB  62 K 4 SB 5 CS .292 BA  .468 SLG

Since July 8: 104 AB  8 BB  20 K  1 SB  1 CS  .308 BA  .596 SLG

I know, SSS yada yada.  But still- walk rate is up, K rate is down, not stealing much at all, average is up, slugging is WAY up.

Sure, it could be a coincidence.  Or I could be a genius.  Maybe both? :rolleyes:

Mostly a continuation of a trend that had started after a terrible April.

• big dog likes this
Papers...business papers.

#102 big dog

big dog

• Members
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

Mostly a continuation of a trend that had started after a terrible April.

That's certainly part of it, but I think the trend picked up the pace post-Granite.  Whatever caused the improvement is fine with me, as long as it sticks around.

#103 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

That's certainly part of it, but I think the trend picked up the pace post-Granite. Whatever caused the improvement is fine with me, as long as it sticks around.

Perhaps Granite being up caused him to realize that playing time and roster spots are promised to no one under the new regime. In April, he sure wasn't performing like a third year major leaguer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eddie rosario, zach granite, daniel palka, lamonte wade