As the Rockies leave Minnesota… the Royals arrive in Minnesota for a 3-game series. Both team names start with “Ro” so it’s almost like we are playing the same team. Now… there are some differences… but a few other similarities… like… they both play baseball and they will both try to beat the Twins. Both teams believe it is bad luck to be superstitious, both teams think Pelicans have an advantage when it comes to catching fly balls, both teams believe it is handy to use sign language and both teams do not believe in reincarnation and they didn’t believe in reincarnation last time either.
Good luck to all trying to tell these two teams apart but I’ll tell you this… only one is real at the moment.
Here are some things to think about:
1. Sioux Falls – 29% of the South Dakota state population lives in Sioux Falls. Due to weight distribution, the state is out of balance and this causes a slight tilt to the state. As a result of this tilt, everything in the state tends to roll toward the southeast. This has been proven through experiments conducted in Pierre. If you place an orange on the kitchen table, it will roll off toward the southeast. Because of this… Sioux Falls has been overrun with rogue oranges. Sioux Falls has a population of 178,500. Because the state doesn’t have corporate income tax the town has become overrun with bankers… and… umm… oranges. Approximately 154,000 of the 178,500 people are bankers. I know that sounds like a lot of bankers and you may ask what about the children. Well… most of the children are also bankers. Typical 8-year-olds are seen giving away toasters to people along with those little 'tell a friend' cards. An interesting fact about Sioux Falls… nobody would know what was happening in Hollywood if it weren’t for Sioux Falls. Pat O’Brien, of Access Hollywood fame, and Mary Hart, of Entertainment Tonight fame, are perhaps the most famous Sioux Falls alum and are both perhaps the world’s most famous bankers.
2. Our Twins – Who is pitching tonight? It is quite possible that nobody even knows because all the Twin Fans are thinking about is the performance of Jose Berrios last night. The 22 year old pitcher is now 2 for 2 when it comes to brilliant starts in 2017. He has 15.1 innings pitched so far with 15 strikeouts, 2 walks, 4 hits and a 0.59 ERA. That ERA is slightly better than the ERA he produced last year.
3. The Royals – The last time I wrote about the Royals… they were playing pretty bad. Today… as I write about the Royals… they are still playing pretty bad. Why? That would be the offense. The pitching hasn’t been terrible but the offense has. The Royals are dead last in runs scored. The current team leader in RBIs is Salvador Perez with 2.
4. Today’s Joe M Conversation
Montana: Hey Joe, throw me a beer out of the cooler.
McCarthy: What would you like?
Montana: I’ll take Michelob Ultra.
McCarthy: Joe… You?
Mauer: Hamm’s please
Maddon: Old Style for me
McCarthy: There ya go… and I’ll take a Pepsi.
McCarthy: Well… if you guys aren’t drinking beer… neither should I.
5. Psychic - You gotta wonder about them. You never hear about them winning the lottery. In my opinion... the most effective way to predict the future is the hotel mini-bar... if you ever want to know what things will cost 10 years from now.
Alcides Escobar SS
Lorenzo Cain CF
Eric Hosmer 1B
Salvador Perez C
Jorge Bonifacio RF
Jorge Soler DH
Whit Merrifield 2B
Alex Gordon LF
Cheslor Cuthbert 3B
Nate Karns P
Brian Dozier 2B
Robbie Grossman DH
Joe Mauer 1B
Miguel Sano 3B
Max Kepler RF
Jorge Polanco SS
Jason Castro C
Byron Buxton CF
Eddie Rosario LF
Hector Santiago P
Weather: 54 deg F, cloudy, winds from the ENE at 10mph, with a slight chance for snow.
Okay, I was kidding about the snow part. It shouldn't rain tonight. Definitely won't say that tomorrow.
Click here to view the article