- Article: Fantasy Football Week 13 Rankings
Today, 08:43 AM
- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Today, 02:58 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: David Yankey, Drafting and the Offensive Line
Yesterday, 06:21 AM
- Matt Kalil's brother Ryan comes to his defense
Nov 26 2014 04:02 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Nov 26 2014 03:17 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Pants Party Podcast - Week 13
Nov 26 2014 12:48 AM
- Former Viking And Love Boat Coordinator Fred Smoot Arrested
Nov 25 2014 01:35 PM
- MUST SEE: Vikings' Matt Kalil Knocks Hat Off Fans' Head
Nov 25 2014 10:35 AM
- REPORT: Phil Loadholt Done For Season With Torn Pec
Nov 24 2014 08:52 PM
- Aaron Rodgers downs a "Grape Crush" at postgame press conference...
Nov 24 2014 03:35 PM
Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:41 PM
Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:49 PM
Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:50 PM
But I think we heard about Carew working on this with Gomez, Punto, Span, every guy with a set of wheels that has come through Spring Training with the Twins and it didn't do that much.
And we also learned today that Rod Carew ruined JJ Hardy's swing.
Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:08 AM
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]"And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:55 AM
It was sort of surprising to find out that he did not have this as part of his game. He's got almost zero power and blazing speed. Somehow no one in the system got him to work on this? Will it change him that much? Juan Pierre, who attempted 43 bunt hits got on base a season-high 18 times (41.9% success rate). Now, this is oversimplifying it because who's to say Pierre would not have gotten base knocks if he swung away but if you take away 18 hits from Pierre's line his .279 batting average becomes a .239 batting average and his OBP drops to .309. That's pretty substantial. Even if Revere was able to steal 10 additional bunt hits last season, he would have been hitting .288 with a much more respectable .340 OBP.
That seems a bit extreeme... did you take away the 43 at bats too?