- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Next Year's Optimism, Playing Rookies and Draft Strategy
Today, 03:45 PM
- Article: What to do With Matt Kalil
Today, 03:32 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 16 Rankings
Today, 02:16 PM
- Article: How Does Teddy Compare? - Version 3.0
Today, 07:52 AM
- Time to cut Blair Walsh
Today, 01:22 AM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 16
Yesterday, 05:17 PM
- NFLPA files lawsuit against the NFL on behalf of Peterson
Yesterday, 12:30 PM
- Article: Big Week for Walsh
Yesterday, 11:28 AM
- Article: How Did the Vikings Change their Gameplan Against the Lions?
Yesterday, 11:26 AM
- Hoge is really down on Johnny Football--really down
Dec 16 2014 08:45 AM
Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:41 PM
Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:49 PM
Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:50 PM
But I think we heard about Carew working on this with Gomez, Punto, Span, every guy with a set of wheels that has come through Spring Training with the Twins and it didn't do that much.
And we also learned today that Rod Carew ruined JJ Hardy's swing.
Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:08 AM
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]"And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:55 AM
It was sort of surprising to find out that he did not have this as part of his game. He's got almost zero power and blazing speed. Somehow no one in the system got him to work on this? Will it change him that much? Juan Pierre, who attempted 43 bunt hits got on base a season-high 18 times (41.9% success rate). Now, this is oversimplifying it because who's to say Pierre would not have gotten base knocks if he swung away but if you take away 18 hits from Pierre's line his .279 batting average becomes a .239 batting average and his OBP drops to .309. That's pretty substantial. Even if Revere was able to steal 10 additional bunt hits last season, he would have been hitting .288 with a much more respectable .340 OBP.
That seems a bit extreeme... did you take away the 43 at bats too?