One truncated offseason is not enough time to build a scouting department or even identify the problem areas.
I know you've worked in large organizations, Mike. Imagine someone coming in and firing an entire department. Nothing would work if that happened and the department would stop functioning because no one knows the password for the friggin' PDF that contains all the internal scouting reports.
Never mind that it's highly unlikely every scout in the Twins organization should be fired in the first place. If 40% of a department is badly run but that 40% has louder voices than the rest, you've just needlessly fired 60% of a good department and it's unlikely you'll replace that 60% with equally qualified candidates (as we all know, even many "good" hires end up failing). This is basic management stuff here.
As I've said many times in the past, if fans of baseball teams worked for companies that ran the way the fan wanted their sports franchise to operate, they'd scream bloody murder and cry management incompetence (which would be deserved, frankly).
that wasn't the question.
NO place have I ever said they should turn over the employees w/o first working with most of them. Indeed, I've said that would be wrong and bad leadership.
I'm talking about what the OP asked, how confident should we be that this draft will be better, and that this farm system will be much better?
And, I've said that we don't have enough data, but having the same scouts should maybe make us nervous.