Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Alex Meyer

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#201 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

Well, it's not a good trade when your long-term hope is that it winds up being a wash, but I do appreciate the start Nolasco made on behalf of the Twins the other night.

Sleeper agent! :)

#202 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 15,070 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:58 PM

Awful news... I'm such a fan of Alex Meyer and the person he is. I was so happy when he was pitching really well earlier in the season. The arm issues, unfortunately, have stayed with him. Nothing he can do about it but rehab and now surgery and a long rehab. Such a good kid. Chatted with him a week or two ago. I just wish him the best.

• ChiTownTwinsFan, Mike Sixel, Craig Arko and 4 others like this

#203 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 8,024 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

Well, it's not a good trade when your long-term hope is that it winds up being a wash, but I do appreciate the start Nolasco made on behalf of the Twins the other night.

I think the Twins mostly just wanted to dump Nolasco. Maybe it was addition by subtraction!
  • howieramone2 likes this
Papers...business papers.

#204 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

Ugh... It is that thing you know is going to happen but you convince yourself that maybe it won't and then it does.

Looks like Busenitz is the last man standing from the trade. Nice ERA but the lack of K's is a concern. Yes, Nolasco is standing but Nolasco is being Nolasco. I think most saw that happening...

Is 2016 2017 the year that a good pitching prospect is truly blocked by 5 good pitchers in the starting rotation? 

Looks like we will have to wait another year until a good pitching prospect is actually blocked.

#205 jimbo92107

jimbo92107

Señor Member

• Members
  • 3,550 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:25 PM

I feel bad for Meyer. I wonder if he was pitching with a deteriorating labrum for a few years.

As mentioned, Alan Busenitz is the last man standing from this trade. Busenitz may actually turn out to be a steal, too. He has gotten gradually better with his command, now pretty reliable pegging the low corners with upper 90's heat. His breaking ball bites down hard, and gets whiffs. Future closer? Possibly.

• Mike Sixel and GP830 like this

Baseball is easy. Just watch!