Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

2017 Minor League Transactions

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:41 PM

shoulder impingement sounds bad! Good luck.

It ain't fun that's for sure and can take a while to fully heal. Honestly I'm a little surprised impingements and entrapments don't happen more often in baseball with pitchers then what they do.  I'm currently working with a former MiLBer (who just signed indy ball) who has a musculocutaneous nerve entrapment, not fun either.

Looks like I'll see you out in the NW in a few months Mike

Edited by Bob Sacamento, 16 May 2017 - 12:42 PM.

#42 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 22,483 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

It ain't fun that's for sure and can take a while to fully heal. Honestly I'm a little surprised impingements and entrapments don't happen more often in baseball with pitchers then what they do.  I'm currently working with a former MiLBer (who just signed indy ball) who has a musculocutaneous nerve entrapment, not fun either.

Looks like I'll see you out in the NW in a few months Mike

Let me know, would love someone to have a beer with and talk sports.

Welcome back, I believe.

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#43 Clear Lake Twinsfan

Clear Lake Twinsfan

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationClear Lake, Iowa

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:17 AM

According to MiLB.com the Twins released Michael Cederoth today.  He had been on the Fort Myers DL all season and had yet to pitch in a game this year.

#44 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:05 AM

According to MiLB.com the Twins released Michael Cederoth today.  He had been on the Fort Myers DL all season and had yet to pitch in a game this year.

Whoa, this surprises me...

#45 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

According to MiLB.com the Twins released Michael Cederoth today. He had been on the Fort Myers DL all season and had yet to pitch in a game this year.

And therein lies the difference between players protected by the MLBPA and those who are not.

#46 Clear Lake Twinsfan

Clear Lake Twinsfan

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

It looks like the Twins also released catcher A.J. Murray, also according to MiLB.com.  He too had been on the Miracle's DL all season and had yet to appear in a game.  If I remember correctly, Seth had Murray listed in the organization's top 5 catching prospects this off season after his breakout start to the season last year at Cedar Rapids.

#47 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:09 PM

It looks like the Twins also released catcher A.J. Murray, also according to MiLB.com.  He too had been on the Miracle's DL all season and had yet to appear in a game.  If I remember correctly, Seth had Murray listed in the organization's top 5 catching prospects this off season after his breakout start to the season last year at Cedar Rapids.

I don't like this move. Disappointed
  • etwinsfan likes this

#48 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Rawr!

• Twins Mods
  • 17,795 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

It ain't fun that's for sure and can take a while to fully heal. Honestly I'm a little surprised impingements and entrapments don't happen more often in baseball with pitchers then what they do.  

Yup. I was sidelined about 6 months with my shoulder impingement. Not fun.

“Concern yourself not with what is right and what is wrong but with what is important.” ~Unknown

#49 Kernels Fan

Kernels Fan

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:52 AM

Super-disappointed by the decision to cut Cederoth.  I did hear that he's being considered by other teams, so perhaps this will be a good thing for him.  Get him excited to throw strikes again.

In the times I have met him, I've admired his poise and maturity.  He's thoughtful, well-spoken, and deserves a chance to develop further.

#50 Clear Lake Twinsfan

Clear Lake Twinsfan

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

More Miracle transactions from MiLB.com:

• Lefty Cam Booser has been activated from the disabled list
  • Jonny Drozd has been placed on the DL with a right hand fracture
  • Cody Stashak has been placed on the DL with a right oblique strain

Looks like both the Miracle and the Lookouts have only 24 players active right now, so there could be some additional moves in the next day or two.

#51 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 22,483 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:01 PM

Still waiting for RP promotions..
  • ChiTownTwinsFan likes this

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#52 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 7,756 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

Papers...business papers.

#53 Deduno Abides

Deduno Abides

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Still waiting for RP promotions..

Yeah, Vasquez or Hackimer to FM seems reasonable.

#54 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 14,987 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:14 PM

Along with Tyler Jay, Todd Van Steensel was taken off the DL. Randy LeBlanc was sent back to Ft. Myers.