Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Well ****, what now?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• 11,907 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

Poms needs to go either a trade, not sure what else you'd have to give up to get rid of him, if not buy him out he doesn't help the team and there are cheap young guys that can take his spot.

They will give up one of those d-men, they all have warts so rather lose Marco with his big cap hit.

I think there may be a few this summer, maybe try to get a big tough d-man. He can probably give up a young forward, plenty of young guys getting ready.

Couple of weeks ago the Hockey News had a top 10 prospect list, and 3 of the 10 were Wild prospects plus Kunin and Tuch could help.

http://www.thehockey...ising-prospects

This was a top 10 "rising" prospects list, pump the brakes a bit.

#22 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• 11,907 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:42 PM

Difference with Brodin's contract is he's still under team control when it expires and Scandella will be a UFA, big difference.

#23 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• 16,936 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:54 PM

Brodin is signed through 2021....w do you figure he is still under control?

#24 SF Twins Fan

SF Twins Fan

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 663 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

Did I watch the same Wild team as everyone else this season? Scandella was aweful. He was terrible in every aspect of the game. Wasn't physical, turned pucks over all season and didn't put up any points. He played better in the playoffs but was still on the ice consistently when the other team scored. On defense you protect Suter, Spurgeon and Dumba. Olefsson can replace Brodin.

#25 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• 11,907 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:01 AM

Brodin is signed through 2021....w do you figure he is still under control?

Ah my bad, you're right, I was glancing at the expiry status of his entry deal. He'll be a UFA as well. The cap hit in that case is irrelevant between the two of them.

#26 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• 11,907 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

Did I watch the same Wild team as everyone else this season? Scandella was aweful. He was terrible in every aspect of the game. Wasn't physical, turned pucks over all season and didn't put up any points. He played better in the playoffs but was still on the ice consistently when the other team scored. On defense you protect Suter, Spurgeon and Dumba. Olefsson can replace Brodin.

Definitely the guy you'd rather see taken, being paid top 4 money but playing at a 3rd pairing level.

#27 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• 16,936 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

He didn't have a good season, but going forward I'd much rather the Vegas team takes Brodin.

#28 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

Senior Member - MiLB Report Contributor

• Twins Daily Staff
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

What do you do this off season? Who do the wild lose in the expansion draft?

I don't think they can afford to lose Coyle, Zucker or Nino (Granny obviously will be protected)

I would do everything I could to get Poms to waive the NTC for the draft. No way they would pick him anyways.

Haula would suck to lose, but would be easier to swallow then the 4 I mentioned earlier.

I would prefer it be either scandella or brodin in that order. Dumba is frustrating as ****, but he is a RH shot and has a ton of potential. Scandella would be perfect since it would clear some needed cap room as well.

Lou Nanne was on KFAN last night talking about how getting Pominville to waive his No-Trade-Clause would be the best scenario for the Wild, and possibly even Las Vegas.

This was why:

1. Las Vegas still needs to hit the Salary Cap floor with their roster, so they're going to need a few guys who do have bigger contracts.

2. If this were to happen, the Wild can make a deal with Las Vegas along the lines of pick Pominville from us and we'll give you someone else too or a draft pick.

He also mentioned that these type of discussions are probably happening with every team, so I don't know how likely this would be to actually happen, and I guess it's up to Pominville.

Scouting Report: Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 45, Speed: 45. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but will sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)

#29 DaveW

DaveW

Aaron Hicks update (5/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS

• Banned
  • 13,014 posts
  • LocationNYC aka Aaron Hicks Ville

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

Why on earth would Pominville want to go play for Las Vegas? Won't happen.

<p>Aaron Hicks 2017 stats so far (5/17/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS 7 HR 19 RBI 6 SB 22 BBs 1.8WAR

#30 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• 8,240 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Why on earth would Pominville want to go play for Las Vegas? Won't happen.

Also the Wild is going to have some pretty good young players exposed. It would make more sense for Vegas to find their overpaid cap space fillers from organizations that don't have to expose any good players.

#31 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• 16,936 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

I would bet that even if we have to expose one of our young forwards, that Brodin will still be the choice they make. 

#32 akmanak

akmanak

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 545 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:00 PM

Management needs to make some moves when it comes to defense. We need some players who are big and can knock the **** out of them if needed. Suter is decent and can play a lot of minutes, but

Dumba needs to go along with Prosser. Both have been down right horrible in the playoffs and regular season. If you look at their when it comes to the playoffs it is a joke. +/- on Prosser is -5 and for Dumba of -4 in a combined 41 games.

That is just a start of something they should do. It is time to start building a team around players who can step up in the playoffs. This one series and done is getting old.