Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Sano is struggling with the curve

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 FunnyPenguin

FunnyPenguin

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

It's not like he's just struggling with stuff outside the zone either, he just can't make contact with anything.  I could probably go out their and breeze my nasty 65 mph fastball that profiles closely to Giminez's past him

#42 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

Adam Dunn's K rate actually went up through his career. Although, it was only above 31% in 2 of his 14 seasons. So, clearly one can last with that kind of hitter profile.

Dunn also walked much more and topped 38 hrs 8 times.

Sano has work to do if he can't drop his k rate.
  • USAFChief likes this
Papers...business papers.

#43 caninatl04

caninatl04

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:17 PM

I concur that Sano needs a change of pace-- move him down in the order, DH-him, etc.Maybe move Rosario into clean up.

... and dare we move Bucks up?

#44 Ncgo4

Ncgo4

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:22 PM

At 270, or so, Sano is one of the heaviest if not THE heaviest 3rd basemen of all times. It's a position that puts very serious physical demands on it's practicioners. Is it any wonder that Miguel hits real well for a week or 10 days and then seems to just run oughta gas? He's now 24, this tendency will not get better when he's 25, 26 or 27.

The worst part of this is it seems like no one else in the team wants himself or his team to succeed more than Sano does. The problem is that as soon as next year he will self-assign himself to the role of DH. It's a shame, but someone that weighs as much as a small Shetland Pony is not going to play in the field.

#45 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:30 PM

At 270, or so, Sano is one of the heaviest if not THE heaviest 3rd basemen of all times. It's a position that puts very serious physical demands on it's practicioners. Is it any wonder that Miguel hits real well for a week or 10 days and then seems to just run oughta gas? He's now 24, this tendency will not get better when he's 25, 26 or 27.

The worst part of this is it seems like no one else in the team wants himself or his team to succeed more than Sano does. The problem is that as soon as next year he will self-assign himself to the role of DH. It's a shame, but someone that weighs as much as a small Shetland Pony is not going to play in the field.

Pablo Sandoval is not exactly a light weight. I don't know what he weighs, but he's probably a head shorter than Sano.