Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Crasnick: Dozier Sees Plan In Every Puzzle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 14,453 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:33 AM

http://www.espn.com/...an-every-puzzle

ESPN's Jerry Crasnick wrote about Brian Dozier. The story is really interesting and talks about how multifaceted the second baseman is. We saw his ability to do a Rubik's Cube. His work at home and abroad. His willingness and drive to learn Spanish, and his ability to adapt as a hitter.

The story is really good. Take a look at discuss. 

• ChiTownTwinsFan and Oldgoat_MN like this

#2 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 21,017 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

It is a good story. I had posted it in the "national publications" thread also, but this is a better idea.

It's hard not to root for someone that lives his values, no matter what those values are. 

• ChiTownTwinsFan and Oldgoat_MN like this

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#3 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

Baseball Games. Life is good!

• Members
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

Dozier seems like one of the truly fine people out there. Fun to read this. Thanks

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet just because it has a name or a photo you recognize.

- Abraham Lincoln

#4 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,915 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:28 AM

It is a good story. I had posted it in the "national publications" thread also, but this is a better idea.

It's hard not to root for someone that lives his values, no matter what those values are. 

Especially when those values appear to be benign in nature. If someone is quietly living their life and trying to be a good person in the process, that's more than enough for me.

This article makes me like Dozier a little bit more.

• ChiTownTwinsFan and Mike Sixel like this

#5 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 6,771 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:13 AM

Especially when those values appear to be benign in nature. If someone is quietly living their life and trying to be a good person in the process, that's more than enough for me.

This article makes me like Dozier a little bit more.

At the risk of mixing forums, and despite what many of us might encounter through media, I would say that is way that the vast majority of Christians (and others) live. I applaud him for that too.

Papers...business papers.