Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Can you spot an early trend?

twins winners pitching hitting confidence
  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 15,358 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

I'm enjoying it so far, but have they won any games where they've walked fewer than 5 times? You have to hit to score runs too.

So the walks correlate to wins, but you want...?

The more things a man is ashamed of, the more respectable he is.. -- George Bernard Shaw

#42 Linus

Linus

• Members
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

I absolutely agree that this could be a solid team with an average rotation. Problem is, the version of the rotation that took the field last year was a LONG way from average. They were historically bad. I have zero faith in Hughes or Santiago, Santana won't be around after the next couple years (plus he's getting up there in years), and Gibson is only under team control for a couple more years, as well. The only really high-upside arm in the high minors is Berrios, so there's not a surfeit of help coming soon.

I wouldn't worry about Gibson being under control for a couple more years. I would worry whether he will ever be an effective pitcher. People botch about Santiago yet he is the same age as Gibson and has a better track record.
  • Taildragger8791 and Vanimal46 like this

#43 Shaitan

Shaitan

Chattanooga Lookouts

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:20 PM

So the walks correlate to wins, but you want...?

It's unsustainable.

#44 killertwinfan

killertwinfan

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:17 AM

I think this only works coming from DaveW... speaking of which, I think he's due for this post :)

I believe the first time I heard this was when Matt Millen said it. I believe he was still playing at the time.  Soooo, DaveW has to share.  LOL. 

#45 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 15,358 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:15 AM

It's unsustainable.

SSS applies to all aspects of this kind of analysis.

The more things a man is ashamed of, the more respectable he is.. -- George Bernard Shaw

#46 4thstreet

4thstreet

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

The only early trend I see is a Twins offense that is every bit as bad as last season.And they have nothing in Rochester that makes you have hope that things could get better.Park needs to get over his injury bug and return with some life in his bat.That is about all they have outside of Palka who can hit the long ball but will K as often as Rosario.Speaking of Rosario, that lame duck has one XBH to tie Joe Mauer.That says a lot about how anemic this lineup is. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twins, winners, pitching, hitting, confidence