Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Blackhawks

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,719 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:04 PM

Yup, the cap has finally caught up to them, and they have too many young players playing important spots. Ultimately though I wouldn't count the Hawks out for long, I could see them turning it back around next year with a smart trade or two and just the general development of some of the youngsters.

Also, this is what happens when the youngsters you have now are being drafted in the super late parts of the first round rather than the early parts (cough *kane cough *kane)

Yep, I'd never count them out as long as they have Kane, Toews, Seabrook, and Keith. They've had to trade away several young players that were due to make big money over the last 2-3 years... Like you said, if they made a smart trade instead of salary dump type trades, they'll be cup contenders again. 

#42 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

• Twins Mods
  • 21,446 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:45 PM

So long, farewell, Patrick Sharp ... :(

“May we teach our children that speaking out without the fear of retribution is our culture’s new north star.” ~Laura Dern

#43 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,719 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:22 AM

Chicago fires long time HC Joel Quenneville this morning. It's amazing how fast he went from a hero to zero. You would think 3 Stanley cup titles would buy him time.

#44 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 15,458 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:28 PM

Wow, that's shocking.

#45 Monkeypaws

Monkeypaws

• Members
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:34 PM

Gonna miss that scowl....

#46 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:59 PM

What is shocking about this? All good things come to an end. Nobody has a job for life. Sounds like it was an amicable thing.
  • Carole Keller likes this

Rap name: LL Cool Bean.

#47 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 15,458 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:24 PM

What is shocking about this? All good things come to an end. Nobody has a job for life. Sounds like it was an amicable thing.

It's shocking because he's revered.He's like Belichek to the Pats.I will be shocked some day if the Pats fire him too.