Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

MinnCentric Forums

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Twins vs Indians, 08-08-2012, 11:05am

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 BrentMpls

BrentMpls

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

Bert very straight forwardly, and Dick supporting, just said that Nishioka shouldn't be in the big leagues.

#62 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

PMS jokes are the best, period.

• Members
  • 2,206 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

If I were a second baseman in the Twins organization being blocked by this ass clown I would be red hot furious.

#63 stringer bell

stringer bell

Staunch supporter of the worst team in mlb. Who's the fool?

• Twins Mods
  • 7,319 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

It's worthy of pulling him and putting LeCroy in at second.

When I asked the question, I thought about referencing when FRobby pulled LeCroy in the middle of an inning because the opponents were abusing him by stealing bases.

#64 PopRiveter

PopRiveter

• Members
  • 252 posts

It's worthy of pulling him and putting LeCroy in at second.

How about Dennys Reyes? Jim Abbott would have more trustworthy hand(s) at second. Troy Williamson available to play second?

#65 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 660 posts

You know, just watching Nishi be so horrible makes me wish that statisticians could charge ERA to an infielder; cause I think Nishi would have an ERA around infinity minus.

#66 DPJ

DPJ

Banned

• Banned
  • 636 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

I think Choo likes facing Duensing.

#67 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,986 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Serious question: Do they honestly think they can put Nishioka on the field at TF? Wouldn't expect Cleveland fans to boo him - why would they? But I can't see a very good reaction from Twins fans to his performance the last 3 days (despite the wins).

#68 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 1,588 posts

How about Dennys Reyes? Jim Abbott would have more trustworthy hand(s) at second. Troy Williamson available to play second?

Ten rep points on this!

#69 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

2 + 2 = 5

• Members
  • 2,311 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

This is so bad I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy, if he wasn't making 3 mil a year I would.

#70 stringer bell

stringer bell

• Twins Mods
  • 7,319 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

So, in reality has Nishioka cost Duensing four runs? Sounds like it to me.

#71 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

You know, just watching Nishi be so horrible makes me wish that statisticians could charge ERA to an infielder; cause I think Nishi would have an ERA around infinity minus.

I'd settle for charging him with errors every time he F's up instead of generously awarding doubles and FC.

#72 ShaeTwins

ShaeTwins

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Serious question: Do they honestly think they can put Nishioka on the field at TF?

Wouldn't expect Cleveland fans to boo him - why would they? But I can't see a very good reaction from Twins fans to his performance the last 3 days (despite the wins).

I'm actually interested to see how he reacts to the inevitable boos...will he need his translator to tell him what it means?

In all seriousness, I do feel sorry for Nishioka, but if you can't cut it, you can't cut it...

#73 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

Yeah, he has cost Duensing all 4 runs not scored in the 1st innings. He has looked lost, made showboat plays when he didn't need to, and lost a ball in the sun and then started walking away from it after it hit the ground. The only good play he made was on a double play ball from Casilla in the 5th inning, and Mauer had to use some skill to keep it from going by him.

#74 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'm actually interested to see how he reacts to the inevitable boos...will he need his translator to tell him what it means?

In all seriousness, I do feel sorry for Nishioka, but if you can't cut it, you can't cut it...

I kind of imagine we're witnessing what it would look like if the Twins randomly put me in the field.

#75 BrentMpls

BrentMpls

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Serious question: Do they honestly think they can put Nishioka on the field at TF?

My assumption has always been that he would be gone once Plouffe is healed up, which is supposed to be Friday. They needed to fill a hole, and perhaps also emphasis that this guy shouldn't be here, which I think the latter point has been driven home pretty well sadly.

#76 adjacent

adjacent

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Who says you can't cut him? It cost money, but you can. They did it with that awuful third baseman (I can't remember his name now)

#77 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

PMS jokes are the best, period.

• Members
  • 2,206 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Revere's hitting streak ends on a play where he was safe on a close play. Come on blue!
Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

#78 ShaeTwins

ShaeTwins

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

Who says you can't cut him? It cost money, but you can. They did it with that awuful third baseman (I can't remember his name now)

You misread me...cut it, not him. Nishioka has proved for almost two years now that he can't cut it, but I don't need to tell you that, I'm sure. As for cutting him, hopefully the front office realizes that this is a good idea.

#79 stringer bell

stringer bell

• Twins Mods
  • 7,319 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Again, I haven't seen any of today's game and I missed the Nishioka follies on Monday, but if it's half as bad as the board is reporting, he should never wear a Twins uni again. It is supposed to be the best players you have and the team shouldn't have an A-ball player out there just to prove a point (or something). Nishioka was terrible last year and I hoped I would never see him play for the Twins again, but to repeat and intensify the same thing is an affront to the fans.

#80 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Any chance the Twins could lobby to have the Ben Revere play changed to a hit, but not change the game score? Long shot, but I want Revere to keep the hit streak going.