Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Twins vs Indians, 08-08-2012, 11:05am

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hey...all this complaining about Nishioka. The twins are undefeated with Nishioka in the lineup and averaging over 10 runs per game on offense!

#22 GCTF

GCTF

so very tired

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationCanada City

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

Nishi Scoreboard Errors 3 Hits 0 Is there some kind of kamikaze mission he could be assigned to?

#23 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

Is Nishi super nervous or horrible or both? Never in my life have I seen a major leaguer play defense like a tee-baller.

What's the board policy on racist jokes as long as I'm not flying off the deep end?

I'll refrain from saying anything if it's frowned upon.

#24 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

PMS jokes are the best, period.

• Members
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationHere

Hey...all this complaining about Nishioka. The twins are undefeated with Nishioka in the lineup and averaging over 10 runs per game on offense!

Nishioka the Twins' talisman?
Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

#25 DPJ

DPJ

Banned

• Banned
  • 636 posts

Cuellar better be working some serious black voodoo magic with Hendriks down in Rochester for him not to be on the Twins roster at this point.

oH YEAH Liam...the teams top pitching prospect who's done nothing but pitch well at AAA. Should the Twins start him...no lets keep rolling out the rotting flesh of Duensing and ****ing Blackburn.

#26 RickSchuette

RickSchuette

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

I suspect we are seeing the difference between a ball being hit to a second basemen at 90 mph in Japan, and 125 mph in America. The speed and power of the MLB game is clearly a flight or two over his head, something neither he nor the Twins thought would be the case. Unfortunately, he's been blessed with outfield speed, but cursed with a second baseman's arm. The Twins front office knows he isn't working out. I suspect they're letting him prove it to himself that he doesn't belong at this level. He isn't the first player to bust at the MLB level. Every team tries some things that don't work out.

#27 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,575 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

oH YEAH Liam...the teams top pitching prospect who's done nothing but pitch well at AAA. Should the Twins start him...no lets keep rolling out the rotting flesh of Duensing and ****ing Blackburn.

It seems to me as if they're working on something specific with Hendriks. He was sent down at an odd time and the organization has been mum about him since. It'd be nice if someone gave the fanbase an update on him.

#28 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

• Members
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

What's the board policy on racist jokes as long as I'm not flying off the deep end?

I believe political correctness is a variety of censorship and different from racist jokes(which I think you ought not commit), but use you own best judgment I suppose.

#29 DPJ

DPJ

Banned

• Banned
  • 636 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

It seems to me as if they're working on something specific with Hendriks. He was sent down at an odd time and the organization has been mum about him since. It'd be nice if someone gave the fanbase an update on him.

I would also like the Twins to come out and say something but JR would give you his first born before that happens.

Is it odd that the Twins think a prospect is better off working with the AAA pitching coach over Rick Anderson the god of teaching sink?

#30 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

• Members
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

Got to make them pay here Doumit!

#31 RickSchuette

RickSchuette

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

I suspect this may be Duensing's last start. Usually, the way these things go, the pitcher has a couple of poor outings in a row, then complains that he's been feeling 'tightness' in his shoulder. Next bullpen session between starts, the pitcher will admit feeling a 'twinge' and he'll be dumped on the DL. It's a pattern with Gardy and Anderson that goes back a few years.

#32 GCTF

GCTF

so very tired

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationCanada City

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

We're comfortable with them. Let 'er rip.

#33 DPJ

DPJ

Banned

• Banned
  • 636 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

I suspect this may be Duensing's last start. Usually, the way these things go, the pitcher has a couple of poor outings in a row, then complains that he's been feeling 'tightness' in his shoulder. Next bullpen session between starts, the pitcher will admit feeling a 'twinge' and he'll be dumped on the DL. It's a pattern with Gardy and Anderson that goes back a few years.

You forgot the player sitting on the active roster for 7-10 days, then atempting to pitch and getting rocked and then going on the DL.

#34 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

You forgot the player sitting on the active roster for 7-10 days, then atempting to pitch and getting rocked and then going on the DL.

And you forgot that they DL stint will be rest and rehab for a couple of months (and in this case through the offseason) followed by Tommy John and/or Labrum surgery.

:banghead:

#35 Top Gun

Top Gun

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

Alexi!!

#36 DPJ

DPJ

Banned

• Banned
  • 636 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

And you forgot that they DL stint will be rest and rehab for a couple of months (and in this case through the offseason) followed by Tommy John and/or Labrum surgery.

Then when they come back from surgery they'll have their toughness questioned by the teams front office and coaching staff (questioning will depend on the players service time)

#37 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

• Members
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

:jump:Rally time!!!

#38 stringer bell

stringer bell

Shaking the rust off................my golf game

• Twins News Team
  • 5,939 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

4-2 Tribe, top of the 6th, we've got 'em right where we want 'em!

#39 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,793 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

Nish-ventures. It's hopeless.

#40 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Nishi, you're killing me!