Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

LaMonte Wade -2017

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

Wade was named to the Southern League All Star team

http://twinsdaily.co...ague-all-stars/
  • Dance with Disco Dan likes this

#22 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

Wade has continued in his cold streak. Over the last 10 games, he is 9 for 35 for a 257 BA. He has added 7 more walks during that time but his only extra base hit since the last update was a double and his season slash has dropped to 270/405/369 for a 774 OPS. I was hoping he would continue to tear things up and get a midseason promotion to Rochester but it looks like he may need the full season in AA. Going just by stats, it appears pitchers have made an adjustment and now he needs to make a corresponding adjustment and take his game to the next level (literally) I still have faith that he will get it done.

#23 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

Well I should have been updating this more often because things change. After the last post, Wade heated back up and had his average back up to over 290. Then he went on a cold streak hitting 234 his last 10 games before hitting the disabled list. He was not officially on the DL until August 6th but he has not played since July 31st.

On the season Wade has 95 hits in 343 at bats. His season slash is 277/393/394 for a 787 OPS. These are all career lows but still solid IMO.
  • rghrbek likes this

#24 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:19 AM

Wade finished the year hitting 342 over his last 10 games to finish his AA season with a 292/397/408 slash and an 805 OPS. Wade doesn't hit for a ton of power (22/3/7-2B/3B/HR) but what he does is get on base and set up the offense. Wade induced 76 walks and kept up his tradition of walking more than striking out while maintaining a healthy BA.
I would like it if Wade could improve his stolen base numbers. He was only caught twice in his 11 attempts but if he's an on base machine, snagging some more extra bases would really drive up his prospect status (yes, even more)
In the field, Wade accumulated 526 innings in Left, 265.1 in Center and another 149 in right. He had one error on the year (it was while playing in Left Field) He had 8 outfield assists.

#25 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:23 AM

Wades season isn't over though... he is playing in the AFL and has 5 games under his belt. In 18 at bats, he has 3 hits(1double), 3 walks and two strikeouts. I will not do a wrap on his season until the AFL is complete.

#26 dougd

dougd

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

from Fangraphs Nov 7:

Who are a couple of guys who have looked much better at the plate in the AFL than when you have seen them previously?

12:56
Eric A Longenhagen: LaMonte Wade

• goulik likes this

#27 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:15 AM

Wades AFL and 2017 seasons may be over after an outfield collision resulted in him being carted off. See discussion here
http://twinsdaily.co...injured-in-afl/
Thankfully he has been released from the hospital without spinal injuries but he does have a concussion.
I will try to post a wrap up on his season and next seasons outlook by the end of the day. God Speed Mr. Wade. Hope to see you healthy, happy and prosperous in the spring.

#28 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

In the AFL Wade has appeared in 19 games and registered 63 at bats. He has hit 238/351/413 with 3 doubles a triple and two homers. He stole one of two bases attempted and struck out 10 times while walking 9 times.

Wade has shown an advanced ability to hit and get on base. He is able to extend at bats and draw walks while limiting strike outs. Wade is also solid in the field. He has played all three outfield positions every step of the way but he is primarily a left fielder and projects to be a corner outfielder at the highest level in the near future.

Next Spring I expect to see Wade invited to MLB camp for a few weeks. He will return to the minors but will move up to AAA and begin his push for a call up. I would expect that to be September or when an outfielder Goes down with injury.