Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins Roster Projection 2017: Version 3.0

brian dozier joe mauer jose berrios miguel sano byron buxton
  • Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 beckmt

beckmt

• Members
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:51 AM

I also still like Goodrum.He may need A 1/2Season in AAA to be ready, but he probably will be a better option than DanSan or maybe Escobar, if not this season then next season.

#82 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

One guy I am looking at is Marco Hernandez from Boston.He may get squeezed there and I do not know his option status.

Marco Hernandez has two option years remaining.  He was added to the Red Sox 40-man in Nov. 2015, so 2016 was his first option year.

Here's a list of out of options guys -- it obviously includes a lot of players who have zero risk of hitting waivers this spring (Zach Britton!) but it is a good reference point:

https://www.mlbtrade...tions-2017.html

#83 beckmt

beckmt

• Members
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

Marco Hernandez has two option years remaining.  He was added to the Red Sox 40-man in Nov. 2015, so 2016 was his first option year.

Here's a list of out of options guys -- it obviously includes a lot of players who have zero risk of hitting waivers this spring (Zach Britton!) but it is a good reference point:

https://www.mlbtrade...tions-2017.html

Thanks,My point was he has no future in the short or long term with the Sox.Maybe the Twins should target him.

#84 jsteve96

jsteve96

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:59 PM

How much longer do we have to watch Phil Hughes start? He's by far the worst one we have.

#85 jsteve96

jsteve96

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:08 AM

I think that Tonkin will make it over Chargois, and I think Park makes the roster over Vargas.. also, no chance that Mauer would ever sit for vargas vs lefties.. Even if Vargas slashed 1.000/1.000/4.000 vs lefties they wouldn't bench mauer

#86 HitInAPinch

HitInAPinch

Look deeply into mine eyes....

• Members
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:56 AM

Tonkin gone.Please. 
Vargas sealed his fate when he signed on with Pueto Rico and sat on the bench.Same with Berrios.He REALLY should have been in the Twins camp.Last year, Park had issues with MLB pitching, which was to be expected.He also had an injury.Healthy again and with some MLB experience, he looks to me to be the sole DH/1st base option.Grossman as the left-handed alternative.  

Isn't it time to move on from DanSan?He had one really good year filling in at CF.Next year, management decided to start him at SS.Bad management?IDK, but as others have said, Twins need some defensive improvements.Castro signing will prove to be a huge benefit to the pitchers.

It's not my fault !

#87 stringer bell

stringer bell

WAR? What is it good for?

• Twins Mods
  • 7,884 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:40 AM

Hughes got knocked around facing mostly major leaguers after a three-hour bus ride. It may be a blip on the radar or it may signal he just doesn't have it after his surgery. As far as Berrios goes, even if he's sent to Rochester, he'll get his chance again in Minnesota, probably long before the All-Star game. Park/Vargas? IMHO, neither is proven, but Vargas is younger and a switch hitter and he's on the 40-man. I don't think the Twins want to give him away (or whoever would have to leave the 40-man) so that they can add Park. Santana? The Twins thought they had caught lightning in a bottle when he came up in 2014, but he hasn't flashed much of that since. The biggest problem is that he's not a good defender anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if the Twins kept him this spring, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was DFAed early in the season, if not by the final roster cuts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brian dozier, joe mauer, jose berrios, miguel sano, byron buxton