Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Game Thread: ST game #23-Twins@Red Sox, 3/19 @ 12:05 pm CT

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Blake

Blake

Super Duper Senior Member

• Members
  • 3,730 posts
  • LocationBakersfield CA

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

NESN will do that to you.

What I find amusing is how many people carp about Dick and Bert. However, when you listen to people like Hawk, Gubicza, Suzyn Waldman and yes, the NESN announcers, you quickly realize that Dick and Bert pretty good in comparison.

• 70charger and David HK like this

#22 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Rawr!

• Twins Mods
  • 17,994 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:33 PM

What I find amusing is how many people carp about Dick and Bert. However, when you listen to people like Hawk, Gubicza, Suzyn Waldman and yes, the NESN announcers, you quickly realize that Dick and Bert pretty good in comparison.

Or at least no worse.
  • snepp likes this

“Concern yourself not with what is right and what is wrong but with what is important.” ~Unknown

#23 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Minnesota Twins Whine Line Host

• Members
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

I'm smoking a tri-tip for tacos today. Yes, I'm rubbing it in. Smoked a meatloaf this last week. It was outstanding.

Mmmm, never would have thought about smoking meatloaf... Just grilled Kentucky bourbon marinated chicken kabobs and made a smokehouse macaroni salad for dinner.
  • Blake and David HK like this

#24 mikelink45

mikelink45

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

It is too bad that we are so focused on us that we cannot accept and appreciate the World Classic.  It really is a great thing and I hope it expands and creates even more acceptance.

#25 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Rawr!

• Twins Mods
  • 17,994 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

It is too bad that we are so focused on us that we cannot accept and appreciate the World Classic. It really is a great thing and I hope it expands and creates even more acceptance.

I'm just not a big fan of it but have watched some of it. Last nights game between the US and DR was pretty good baseball watching.
  • mikelink45 likes this

“Concern yourself not with what is right and what is wrong but with what is important.” ~Unknown

#26 Blake

Blake

• Members
  • 3,730 posts
  • LocationBakersfield CA

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

Mmmm, never would have thought about smoking meatloaf... Just grilled Kentucky bourbon marinated chicken kabobs and made a smokehouse macaroni salad for dinner.

I use my pellet grill for all kinds of things.

If it's ovenable, it's grillable! ® :)

Edited by Blake, 19 March 2017 - 06:46 PM.

• Vanimal46 likes this

#27 Blake

Blake

• Members
  • 3,730 posts
  • LocationBakersfield CA

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

This is the last ST game I will be watching from afar. Well, sort of. I won't be at all the remaining games, just the ones in Fort Myers. But I'll still be in Florida so the away games will still be watched not from afar but from nearer.

The Twins game yesterday ... um ... no comment.

But when I got home from work last night, I turned on the action of the WBC. As some of you know, I'm not the biggest fan of the WBC, but hey, it's still baseball. As long as it's there, I'll watch it here and there. And what a game to catch. All kinds of excitement. Everyone is abuzz about Stanton's homerun, but for me it was Adam Jones' catch in deep, right center, robbing his Orioles teammate, Manny Machado, of a homerun that could have been a difference maker. In the end, I think that catch was the difference maker, and the turn of the game. The U.S. went on to win the game 6-3 over the Domican Republic 'dream team', eliminating them from the tournament. Anyway ... and now it's today.

Twins travel the far 6 miles over to JetBlue Park. Haley is getting the start ... okay ...

Lineups:

TWINS:

Stubbs, CF

Santana, 2B

Mauer, DH

Grossman, LF

Gimenez, C

Escobar, SS

Field, RF

Paulsen, 1B

Gonzales, 3B

Haley, P

REDSOX:

Holt, SS

Benintendi, LF

Ramirez, DH

Moreland, 1B

Rutledge, 2B

Hernandez, 3B

Selsky, RF

Castillo, CF

Vazquez, C

Pomeranz, P

Play ball!

Sigh. I keep telling myself I'm going to make it to Spring Training. One of these decades. Hopefully, before I run out of decades.

• USAFChief likes this

#28 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Rawr!

• Twins Mods
  • 17,994 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

Sigh. I keep telling myself I'm going to make it to Spring Training. One of these decades. Hopefully, before I run out of decades.

If my parents didn't live here, I wouldn't go every year, but I'd certainly try to make it every so often. It's really a worthwhile trip to do at least once in your lifetime.
  • Blake likes this

#29 David HK

David HK

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:50 PM

"Precautionary measures for left triceps tightness."

Shoot- at my advanced age, left tricep tightness is something to look forward to.  It'd prove I still had a left tricep, for one thing...  and probably take the mind off all the other things that creak and groan every morning!

• Blake likes this

#30 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

playing on in the play offs...

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

Which begs the question...in what way?

Please sir, may i have a question?

#31 Blake

Blake

• Members
  • 3,730 posts
  • LocationBakersfield CA

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

Please sir, may i have a question?

Only in the form of an answer. Sort of a reverse Jeopardy. 

#32 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

playing on in the play offs...

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:44 AM

Only in the form of an answer. Sort of a reverse Jeopardy.

Sounds like i just need to be confusing, which i do okay on without even trying.

Millennium hand and plate of shrimp... dinner!

We won, after all. 13-8, was it?