It's almost time...the 2017 season is here! Which means…GAME THREADS!
Like previous years, we're asking game thread fans to help us out by starting game threads. Riverbrian will take care of all the series openers, leaving the rest of us in awe...and responsible for the remaining games.
USAFChief and ChiTownTwinsFan will be your points of contact, to volunteer, ask questions, get help, or compliment Chief on his fantastic sense of humor and amazing repertoire of laugh-out-loud "original" material.
If you want to help, we ask only a couple things:
1. If you volunteer, please follow through. (Or contact USAFChief AND ChiTownTwinsFan as far in advance as possible so we can arrange for another volunteer.)
2. Have the game thread up at least 2 hours before game time, including lineups.
3. If you can't include the lineups when you post the game thread, come back later and add another post with just the lineups.
4. We like positivity.
5. Funny is great. Innovative is great. But they are not requirements. You are only limited by your imagination.Game thread regulars:step up and help!Newbee’s:get your feet wet, you’ll be great!
6. Length is up to you...but it's not necessary to create an opus. Use the following format for the thread title:
(home) Game Thread: Twins vs XXX, 4/1/17 @ 7:10 PM CT
(away) Game Thread: Twins @ XXX, 4/1/17 @ 8:10 PM CT
7. Have fun.
8. If you make jokes about old age, expect retaliation.
Lineups are available at several places, just google "Daily MLB lineups" for help.
You won't be able to edit your original post, so make sure you have it the way you want in when you hit "post." You also will need to add a second post to add lineups if they're not in your original thread starter.
Please do not volunteer in this thread. This thread is for questions, ideas, etc. To volunteer, pick out the game(s) you want, then send one PM to both USAFChief AND ChiTownTwinsFan. You'll hear back from one of us, letting you know the game(s) is yours to do.