Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Minor League Report From The Fort

tyler benninghoff zack granite niko goodrum tom hackimer trevor hildenberger
  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 TKGuy

TKGuy

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:58 PM

Goodrum crushed one on Sunday when he played
  • glunn likes this

#22 52Kernels!!

52Kernels!!

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:06 PM

In years past about this time of year some one posted the work group list. Any info on that it was neat to see where the different guys progress in minor league spring training. Thanks.
  • glunn likes this

#23 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 14,988 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:09 PM

In years past about this time of year some one posted the work group list. Any info on that it was neat to see where the different guys progress in minor league spring training. Thanks.

The work groups are available at the minor league complex. They are currently separated into five groups. When the Twins made their 6 roster moves on Monday, they went from four groups to five groups, adding the Extended Spring Training group.

• glunn likes this

#24 nytwinsfan

nytwinsfan

• Members
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

Any word on Gonsalves' shoulder? So very concerend about that right now.

• glunn likes this

#25 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• Members
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

Work Groups per 3/9, they've changed since then, I'll have a new one posted later tonight or tomorrow

TwinsWorkoutGroups03092017

#26 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• Members
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

Work Groups per 3/16

TwinsWorkoutGroups03092017.jpg

#27 52Kernels!!

52Kernels!!

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

Bob Thanks a ton for posting the work group list. Have you had a chance to watch any of the potential Kernels, any catch your attention?

#28 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 10,926 posts
  • LocationThe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:35 AM

Hey Bob, are you going to be around next weekend? 

#29 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• Members
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:51 AM

Bob Thanks a ton for posting the work group list. Have you had a chance to watch any of the potential Kernels, any catch your attention?

I haven't got a chance to see them in game action, this morning-afternoon I'll be out on the backfields watching Rochester and Chattanooga practicing and take on the Orioles AAA and AA clubs.  Of the players on the current CR roster, Shane Carrier hits the ball really hard, there is some swing and miss to his game as his contact isn't the greatest but when he gets a hold of it it's going to go far.  I'm also quite partial to Jaylin Davis, he's a similar player to Carrier offensively with below average contact and plus power.  Davis should be on the Twins MiLB homerun leaders' list.  On the mound, Eddie del Rosario looked good in the pen for whatever that means to you, and he's someone to watch this year as is the big man Tyler Wells.  He might be one of the tallest guys in camp but he's not the stringbean 6'8 type pitcher as he's got weight and muscle on his frame and he's quite athletic.

#30 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• Members
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:53 AM

Hey Bob, are you going to be around next weekend? 

Usually I'm out there Friday mornings before I go the office (I'll be the one in the dress shirt and tie) and Saturday for most of the day. Sunday's are hit and miss depending on how much housework the wife makes me do.

#31 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 10,926 posts
  • LocationThe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

Usually I'm out there Friday mornings before I go the office (I'll be the one in the dress shirt and tie) and Saturday for most of the day. Sunday's are hit and miss depending on how much housework the wife makes me do.

Might see you on Saturday morning or Sunday.A few of us will be out next weekend, though I think the plan is to drive to Sarasota and catch the away game, but that's in the afternoon. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tyler benninghoff, zack granite, niko goodrum, tom hackimer, trevor hildenberger