Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: TD 2017 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Recap

fernando romero stephen gonsalves alex kirilloff nick gordon tyler jay
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:07 AM

Wanna place money on that De Leon statement? I'm not sure how we'd measure it, given the Twin will be in A and AA ball, and De Leon will be in AAA and the majors....and lose his prospect status.

What De Leon statement? Did I miss something in this thread?

#22 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 19,438 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:20 AM

What De Leon statement? Did I miss something in this thread?

In the article:

I fully believe he will be viewed as a better asset than Jose De Leon – the coveted prospect Minnesota passed up in Brian Dozier trade talks – a year from now.

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#23 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:36 AM

In the article:

I fully believe he will be viewed as a better asset than Jose De Leon – the coveted prospect Minnesota passed up in Brian Dozier trade talks – a year from now.

Ahh, skimmed that.  Well, let's hope so.  I probably agree that Romero's upside is higher (I was pretty low on De Leon in the first place) but his floor is much, much lower.  

Edited by gunnarthor, 28 February 2017 - 10:37 AM.

#24 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 19,438 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:41 AM

Ahh, skimmed that.  Well, let's hope so.  I probably agree that Romero's upside is higher (I was pretty low on De Leon in the first place) but his floor is much, much lower.  

Right, I don't doubt Romero has more upside, but I'd be shocked if De Leon isn't a number 4 for some time, if not better. His floor is, imo, super high.

Not to mention Romero uses his arm for most of the work, and that scares me some.

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fernando romero, stephen gonsalves, alex kirilloff, nick gordon, tyler jay