Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Jorge Polanco

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

http://www.milb.com/..._pbp&pid=593871

Can someone give me a reason why he isn't being talked about heavily in the forums? I know everyone hits in Elizabethon, but still, if I remember right, he was the highest rated short stop to come out of the Sano international signing class and got a nice chunk of money! He's putting up some very good numbers!

#2 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

http://www.milb.com/..._pbp&pid=593871

Can someone give me a reason why he isn't being talked about heavily in the forums? I know everyone hits in Elizabethon, but still, if I remember right, he was the highest rated short stop to come out of the Sano international signing class and got a nice chunk of money! He's putting up some very good numbers!

I know everyone hits in Elizabethon
personally, this

#3 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 2,182 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

It's true that everyone hits at Elizabethon, but if the hitter is under 20 it can often be meaningful. Polanco just turned 19 and he does have some pedigree as a highly ranked prospect when signed. That said, I personally want to see someone get to Beloit before I get too excited.
Papers...business papers.

#4 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

I've seen his name pop up now and again. I think everyone is just a little cautious because he's in Elizabethton. If he keeps it up next season, I think we'll start hearing more about him.

#5 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

To me E-Town is just BP now. So many guys have done well there any failed miserably in Beloit that it just mean as much. Plus, he's been pretty bad up until this year so lets wait a little before getting too excited.